How can we tell if someone is on a call?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Presence: How do I enable Presence on all available lines?

Is there a way that my employees can tell if someone else is on a call? Sometimes we transfer calls to each other but there's no way of knowing if that other person is on a call already.
Photo of Michael Arndt

Michael Arndt

• 1,180 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ryan Doberstein

Ryan Doberstein

• 72 Points
I would also like you know this, I oversee communications in an office with 10 people and it is frustrating to know whether or not somebody is on the phone before transferring a call...
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,790 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Guys, sorry about the delay in this one.  This is called Presence monitoring and it depends on the type of phone you are using.  some do not support presence so this is the first question.  After that it is just  configuring the settings through the RC portal.  It works quite nice.

If you need assistance in this configuration, Let me know

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,388 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
For anyone else with similar or related questions, this page will answer many questions on the Presence feature.
Presence Frequently Asked Questions
Photo of Jorge Rojas

Jorge Rojas, Champion

• 472 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
presence also work on the mobile app and the soft phone. Just add the users as favourites. But you must configure presence before hand.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.