How do I change the destination for inbound faxes?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

I am trying to change the destination for inbound faxes to one person's e-mail on our team. Currently the faxes go to everyone.

I can't find the settings page for this.
Photo of Jeff Kopp

Jeff Kopp

• 70 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,748 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi jeff, I think by default faxes are sent to the Operator extension.. What I usually do is setup an extension for faxes only then in the notifications send the faxes to who ever you want.

Have you setup extensions before? It is easy, just do an add user Without a phone)

Then in the company number and fax number point it to the new fax extension you created.

This should solve your issue

Thank you

Chuck
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Good answer, Chuck.
Photo of shelly coluccio

shelly coluccio

• 60 Points
Inbound faxes are addressed to come to my ext but they still go to the boss.  Does he have have to 'allow' me to receive them?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.