Deskphone: How do I clear Missed Calls message on the phone display?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: KB article exists

How do I clear Missed Calls message on the phone display? The numbers are getting large!
Photo of DannySkarka

DannySkarka

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ted Chen

Ted Chen

• 70 Points
I have a Polycom IP335 purchased from RingCentral and am wondering the same thing. Thanks.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
To clear the missed call list:
1. Press Menu , then select Features > Call Lists > Clear > Missed
Calls.
2. Press Menu to return to the idle display.

You could also reboot the phone and that will clear the list.

Hope this helps

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
630-975-1200
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
When you have the missed call thing up, (on the round silver pad) just push the down silver button, then the left silver button. and the display is gone. it's a good notification for when you do miss calls, but that's a quick way to make it go poof.
Photo of Danna Wallis

Danna Wallis

• 60 Points
How would I do this on the VVX310? 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Danna, the process for the VVX310 should be the same as Alex described above. 
Photo of Scott Newton

Scott Newton

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
VVX310 doesn't appear to have the same menu layout. I finally figured it out by doing the following:
  1. Click "Down" on the Navigation control pad
  2. Click the button that appears below "Clear" on the display
  3. Navigate to "All Calls" or "Missed Calls" etc.
  4. Click the button that appears below "Select" on the display
From there you should return to a blank screen for a few seconds, and then the home screen will reappear.

But that's the answer to the easy question. The more important question is, why doesn't clearing the call log on the SoftPhone clear the handset as well (and vice-versa)? All these interconnected high tech gizmos and softwarez and the clients aren't synchronizing through a server?
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,854 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Each phone is a little different but here are the basics.

This information is from their User Guides. If you are still having trouble clearing the call history, google the "[Phone type] User Guide PDF" for the specific device and search "delete" or "clear".

Polycom VVX 400 and 410    

Csico SPA 300 Series IP Phones
(Edited)
Photo of Mary Graham

Mary Graham

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I get rid of the missed call notification on my phone? It does not go away....

US AT&T

Currently, the only way I can get rid of a missed call message on my phone is to unplug it. I called tech support and they told me the same thing. There must be an easier way, can someone help me?
Photo of Robin

Robin

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
My boss recommended I press the down arrow on the circular navigation button on my physical phone and you will see the option to clear missed calls.  This is much easier than unplugging to reboot.  :-)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.