How do you connect a Cisco IP Phone SPA525G to a WiFi Hot Spot? The Instructions on the website for manually adding Hot Spot doesn't work

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

Trying to add a Hot Spot to my WiFi, after scanning and clicking on "Add" to add the Hot Spot, a Profile Screen appears. When I hit SAVE I get a message: "Set Key ID to 1, which has no Key value" How do I do that?

"set Key ID to 1, which has no Key value"
Photo of Diane

Diane

• 70 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,748 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Diane, not sure why you would want to do this but...

Most hot spots require you to accept an agreement before letting you out to the web. Since there is no browser on the phone to do this type of thing you probably wont be able to connect.

Plus some of these only allow HTTP traffic and not VOIP traffic and especially the ports for the phones

Hope this helps

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yep, if you need to accept the hotspot's terms of service, the 525G won't work. Note that the 525G can be tricky to configure even on your own Wi-Fi network, since VoIP over Wi-Fi isn't as well-developed a technology as VoIP over Ethernet.
Photo of JW Lodge

JW Lodge

• 936 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have not been able to connect my phone to my WiFi router either.  It just times out. I thought it would be interesting to try it out to see how it works.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.