User Settings: Voicemail to text transcription (speech-to-text)

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
My previous service converted my voicemails to text in an email - does RC does this and if so how do I do that?
Photo of Sharon George Holbrook

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of AutoPark1

AutoPark1

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'd like this feature be available on other plans too not just the highest tiered plan or atleast have the option to pay for it as an added feature on lower plans.
Photo of SARONSON

SARONSON, Champion

• 356 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Agreed. I really wish I could select this as a single additional service. I do not need anything else offered by the Enterprise plan, but I would absolutely pay for this as an individual service.
Photo of Sean Morrissey

Sean Morrissey

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
text to speech is an included feature on most free voip offerings. RC needs to step up and take care of their existing base rather than upselling us for these new features.
Photo of Joe Crawbuck

Joe Crawbuck

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is very true Sean.  Voicemail to text is a feature that has been offered by Vonage and other low cost IP services for years.  It is disappointing that Ring Central does not have it for all plans.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,188 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sean, and Joe,  

This feature was implemented some time ago.  If you go to the messages screen, then click the Voice link, you'll see a list of your save voicemail.  When you click on an individual item, the window expands open and displays the text translation. 

Photo of TJ Weese

TJ Weese

• 10 Points
Why doesn't this come through on an attachment to the voicemail in our native email inbox?  Of if it does, how do you turn it on.  Or do you have to use ringcentral for windows?
Photo of Joe Crawbuck

Joe Crawbuck

That doesn't happen for me. 
This is what I get:

Does it have to be turned on?
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 34,026 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Which Ringcentral Office plan do you have? It is only available on the Ultimate edition of RingCentral Office.

Photo of Joe Crawbuck

Joe Crawbuck

That is what I thought.
The prices difference is excessive for the Ultimate and the only feature I want is the voicemail to text.
My disappointment is that it is a feature that is not available for all plans.
Photo of David

David

Can anyone tell me how to stop receiving email notifications on a specific thread in this forum? I've clicked on "stop receiving notifications" in the email I get for this thread about 3 times, and also clicked "unfollow" in the thread on the upper left. But the emails keep coming...
Thanks
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 53,946 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey David,

That's odd. If you clicked the Unfollow button on this thread you should stop receiving general emails when others post 
Photo of David

David

Thanks Saadet - yep I've tried that. I even followed and unfollowed again to see if that would fix it. The notifications keep coming no matter what.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 53,946 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hmmm....probably has something to do with your vote. I'll look into it and see what might be going on.