HUD in the Ring Central App (GLIP)

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
I've heard that the desktop phone app will eventually be phased out. The HUD is a favorite feature in our office since the staff can see other staffers' status and who they're speaking with. Will the HUD functionality be incorporated into the Ring Central (Glip) app? If so, when? If not, why not? Thanks!
Photo of CLEMENT

CLEMENT

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Doug Routledge

Doug Routledge

• 604 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
There are alternatives from RingCentral partners.   https://www.ringcentral.com/apps/bridge-operator-console

Photo of Julie Sperritt

Julie Sperritt

• 1,532 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I agree - we are using the Ring Central (Glip) App and are finding that lack of presence/HUD is causing a lot of problems particularly for customer facing teams.

I would like to be able to solve this without having to get another vendor and product involved.
Photo of Melissa W.

Melissa W.

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We use Bridge Operator Console with RingCentral.  We had an attendant console solution with our prior PBX system as well.  It is a stretch to expect 1 program to fit the needs of every type of employee beyond the common basic ones.  That is a recipe for an app that doesn't perform, or is riddled with bugs.  For one, I am glad that RingCentral stays in their lane, and lets their partners bring expertise to the ecosystem.  It is one of the reasons with chose RingCentral over Microsoft Teams, they have basically abandoned their partners, and the striking lack of 3rd party add ons has left their users and resellers in a tough spot.
Photo of Doug Routledge

Doug Routledge

• 594 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Melissa!
Photo of Angela Silbernagel

Angela Silbernagel

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
YES WANT THIS SO BAD!! Especially now that we're all remote, we use the RC app all the time, but it's annoying to need to open the old app just for the HUD view. Would LOVE for it to all be in one place!