I want to bulk-import contacts with csv file

• Question
  • Updated 1 day ago
  • Answered
Is there a feature that would enable us to import the contacts in a csv file? Adding of contacts manually each time is lot of time consuming process. There's always an import function in the phone applications. Does ringcentral has it? If yes, some one can you help me how to get it done? I have lots of contacts on my google contacts and need to import it to ringcentral. Thanks!
Photo of Myrvaagnes

Myrvaagnes

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,976 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi, send me an E-mail and I will reply with the Excel template.  

Thanks

Chuck
Certified RC Installer
chuckfuscone@gmail.com
Photo of Cheryl Brown

Cheryl Brown

• 60 Points
Hi Chuck, I will be sending you an email to get a copy of this template that will hopefully make my import easier as well.  Thank you very much! Cheryl Brown, Blue Sage Property Mgmt.
Photo of KELLY

KELLY

• 60 Points
I am trying to do the same thing- Wondering if there's a good template to use in excel so I can properly upload.
same here. I could use a template. Would be good to add a link to this template on the Import menu screen
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,622 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The following article gives specific steps on how to import via CSV file.
Importing Personal Contacts to your RingCentral Account

The best way to get a good template is to add 1-2 records manaully, then use the Export button.  Use the exported file as your template, add your new records to it, and follow the instructions on the link provided to import the new contacts. 

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of Amanda Allen

Amanda Allen

• 60 Points
okay I have tried uploading a file and it uploaded the names but not the phone #s and I have an CSV file.