Community: How to unfollow messages - need to unsubscribe!

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Help, i want to unsubscribe and i can't seem to login...the unsubscribe link took me to conversation page...there was no option to unsubscribe nor was there an option to even reply to the conversation on the page i was taken to...can anyone advise on how i can stop receiving these emails?
Photo of Tarja Italuoma

Tarja Italuoma

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,408 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
To post here, you must be logged in, so, you are already logged in. Just return to this page: https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/i-want-to-unfollow-these-messages-and-cant-seem... and click the 'Unfollow" link art the top/right of the page. 

Mike 
(Edited)
Photo of Tarja Italuoma

Tarja Italuoma

It didn't work.  is there not an admin that can just remove me completely?  i am getting emails from other topics and i didn't sign up for these...there are no "Unfollow" buttons.  I just need these to stop coming in to my inbox.  I would block the email but i can't in the event i get a voicemail...
Photo of Christopher Bemben

Christopher Bemben

• 68 Points

Yes, I have tried many times and there is no solution, just like everything else that we ask for and never receive from Ring Central. Am really upset that they took away the legacy system that worked for many of us. Time to start looking at another provider.

Photo of Tarja Italuoma

Tarja Italuoma

Definitely time for a change...i am very frustrated.
Photo of Tarja Italuoma

Tarja Italuoma

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i want to unfollow these messages, and can't seem to unsubscribe! help!.

Help, i want to unsubscribe and i can't seem to login...the unsubscribe link took me to conversation page...there was no option to unsubscribe nor was there an option to even reply to the conversation on the page i was taken to...can anyone advise on how i can stop receiving these emails?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Official Response
At the bottom of the Community emails, you'll see the box like below.  When you click the "Stop receiving notifications about this question"  it will take you to the topic as you described.  Then and the top of the Topic page, that is where you'll see the "unfollow" button. Second image below. 

If the "Unfollow" button says "Follow" instead of unfollow, then you might be subscribed to the whole category.  If that's the case let me know what you are seeing.
Photo of Tarja Italuoma

Tarja Italuoma

That is whay i see...no options to unfollow...for several pages...
Photo of Tarja Italuoma

Tarja Italuoma

I cant seem to insert a screenshot here...i am just going to create a rule in my email to automatically delete ring central emails...this is so frustrating and all these msgs are flooding my inbox...i am highly frustrated

It would be helpful if you had a site admin to manage these issues...and find my profile and fix this issue for me...
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

This means you probably subscribed to a whole category.  I'll search the system and remove it for you. Please don't create a rule to delete RingCentral emails as you'll miss important information. 
Photo of VipTax Corporation

VipTax Corporation

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled To stop receiving notifications about RingCentral Phone (desktop), click here.

I am trying to stop receiving emails from this page, every time someone post something here I am getting emails. I tried calling RING CENTRAL but agent John Leonel something like that said, they can't do anytime because the emails are NOT from ring central. The stop receiving notifications (Click Here) doesn't work. My email is getting so much email is annoying, anyone knows HOW to stop it?
Thank you, 
Photo of Pamela Makiyama

Pamela Makiyama

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike thank you for replying.

Mike Official Rep profile picture

Mike (Official Rep) replied to this question:

To stop receiving notifications about RingCentral Phone (desktop), click here

For anyone else having this problem, you can simply unsubscribe to from any Community topic by clicking the "unfollow" button at the top/right of that particular Community page. 

Mike 

My Answer: Sorry but only doing that did not work. I did unfollow and kept receiving emails, after I blocked the email from my email box and still in a weird way the emails wasn't getting blocked and I was receiving it.  (But I was able to fix it by myself and ringcentral reps should be trained about this and NOT tell me that it's a spam the emails we receive from here and that it could be a virus, because it's a different domain on the email, I tried to explain but the person kept telling me I was wrong and that it wasn't emails from ringcentral).
(Edited)
Photo of Pamela Makiyama

Pamela Makiyama

Bob Robinson, thank you so much for replying and if I still needed help, YOUR reply would have helped me SO MUCH. After searching this whole website here, I found the login part and etc etc to take it out. YOUR REPLY WOULD HAVE HELPED and WILL HELP OTHERS.

(Not sure if you work with RingCentral but you could give them classes. REPS LOOK AT THE HELP HE GAVE ME DOWN HERE, instead of telling me to contact get satisfaction about it).

Thank you again,

Bob Robinson profile picture

Bob Robinson replied to this question:

To stop receiving notifications about RingCentral Phone (desktop), click here

One would think that support would have a knowledgebase section for the Community, but glad you figured it out.  I recently turned off some notifications by logging in to Community, clicking on my name in the upper right and choosing Profile, then clicking Email Notifications in the upper left section of the profile page.  Is this what you did?

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,472 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Pamela,

I'm sorry that the rep you spoke with gave you incorrect information :( I will provide them with the proper feedback
Photo of Pamela Makiyama

Pamela Makiyama

Saadet thank you:)