I would like to have the 15 minute time out extended.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How can I extend the session timeout so I don't get logged out?

I need to be able to extend the automatic time out to more than 15 mins.  My operator answer a call that takes 15-20 mins.  When they hang up they need to log back into RC to check if any calls have been missed.  They are being required to log in to the RC account up to 30 times in an eight hour shift.    Please let me know how to extent the 15 min timeout.
Photo of Steve W.

Steve W.

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Terry Adelman

Terry Adelman

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I totally agree.  We have used that website for years and just this week it started this 15 minute inactivity thing and is really annoying to be putting in our password (had to change that awhile back to make it harder to type that in too!) multiple times all day.  We need a way to extend this time period...we use salesforce.com and that's an even larger company and more critical information and they don't have this 15 minute deal. Their's is more like 1-2 hours.  Please let us change or turn off.
Photo of Donna Snyder

Donna Snyder

• 62 Points

I would like to see the timeout eliminated entirely!  Receptionist needs to keep an eye on the logs throughout the day.

Photo of keith

keith

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
What in the world are they thinking. This new time out duration is the pits.
Photo of Pat Boyers

Pat Boyers

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Idle time needs to be extended:  When it was changed on Friday, after a chat with customer service, I thought it was going to be modified so we could extend the time. But today I have been kicked out at least 10 times and I am getting really irritated.

Photo of Becky Nabors

Becky Nabors

• 780 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I will keep posting on this every day until their "engineers" do something about this...This is ridiculous....Why can there not be an option to disable this function on a per client basis or at least give us the option to increase the time out.  This is really aggravating having to log in multiple times a day.
Photo of Richard Callaway

Richard Callaway

• 2,392 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
If this helps you - Please Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/apluspcservicesllc

We provide remote computer repair services 15 hours a day with our HIPAA Certified PSA/CRM and we are never auto logged out - unless we leave the screen open at the end of the day.

We offer this workaround - for Chrome browsers - install the FREE Extension "Auto Refresh Plus" from the Google Play website.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search-extensions/auto%20refresh?hl=en-US&_feature=free

Any questions - Contact us: www.facebook.com/apluspcservicesllc

Photo of David D

David D

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The new timeout period is painfully annoying.
Please remove it or give us the ability to manage the timeout period.
Photo of Patrick Ammann

Patrick Ammann

• 108 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I work in a call center, and have been using Ring Central for Months now. It's so irritating to have to log back into the Ring Central at least 20 times in an eight hour shift. Especially when dealing with a high call volume, and having to go back to check the missed calls. PLEASE change it back. Is this a security measure or something? At least make it to have the option to disable the time-out. I looked for 20 minutes before searching and finding this online. 
Photo of Danielle Radin

Danielle Radin

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello! We at RingCentral have been viewing your comments and are doing our best to fix this time out so that it is extended. As always, we value customer opinions. I will update you with any changes in the near future.
Photo of Ronald Eugene

Ronald Eugene

• 62 Points
I need the time out extended or to have options too. PLEASE HELP... MAKE IT SOON!
Thanks!
Photo of Michael Adams

Michael Adams

• 158 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What doesn't make any sense is the RingCentral desktop app does not log you out ever... so I wonder why the RingCentral desktop app doesn't log you out but the RingCentral Salesforce app does.
Photo of Richard Callaway

Richard Callaway

• 2,392 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
If this helps you - Please Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/apluspcservicesllc

We provide remote computer repair services 15 hours a day with our HIPAA Certified PSA/CRM and we are never auto logged out - unless we leave the screen open at the end of the day.

We offer this workaround - for Chrome browsers - install the FREE Extension "Auto Refresh Plus" from the Google Play website.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search-extensions/auto%20refresh?hl=en-US&_feature=free

Any questions - Contact us: www.facebook.com/apluspcservicesllc

Photo of Becky Nabors

Becky Nabors

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New Idle Time Out Feature.

Why can there not be an option to disable this function on a per client basis or at least give us the option to increase the time out.  This is really aggravating having to log in multiple times a day.
Photo of Paula B.

Paula B.

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please increase Idle Time Out to 8 hours.

Please increase the idle time out limit from 15 minutes to 8 hours. Being required to log on 32 times/day is not good for our business. All my users hate it and need an alternative ASAP. Thanks!
Photo of Robin

Robin

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to eliminate the 15 minute time-out.

As our company's Office Manager I am required to monitor and manage our President's and senior staff's missed calls, faxes and voice mails.  The 15 minute automatic time-out is forcing me to log in constantly throughout the day.  I need to be able to turn this time-out off.
Photo of Anthony Fifield

Anthony Fifield

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Increase or disable the session time out on our online account..
Photo of Cheryl Pelletier

Cheryl Pelletier

• 384 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Longer Time before RC site logs me out -.

I used to be able to stay logged in all day - I log on first thing in the am and log out when I'm done for the day as I use the fax feature from the site, I monitor calls and messages from the site.  Since 10/2/14 the site is logging me out quickly - so I spend all my time logging back in.  would like to be able to adjust it myself 
Photo of Debra Johnson

Debra Johnson

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Time Out Feature.

Why isn't the time out feature, user friendly?  I don't understand why we are all pigeon-holed into the same security circle.  Everyone's company operates on different levels/hours/time strategies.  I would like to be able to configure how long the time out feature will wait before it kicks on.  Or, at least another option (such as shut off) instead of the program being set at your standards.  I am at my desk most of the day but switch back and forth on different projects.  And then I shut down the computer before leaving.  I am required to run call logs while I'm here.  When I configure the call log and have to stop to check something else, it is a HUGE inconvenience to come back to my call log to find that I have been bumped out of the system and have to enter all of the parameters, again!!  And then find out where in the log that I had left off.  Please change this!!
Photo of Becky Nabors

Becky Nabors

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled idle time out feature.

Why can there not be an option to disable this function on a per client basis or at least give us the option to increase the time out.  This is really aggravating having to log in multiple times a day.
Photo of Brenda McFarland

Brenda McFarland

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PLEASE CORRECT THE "TIME OUT" FEATURE! IT IS A HUGE PROBLEM !!!.

We are a busy Law Office and the "time out" issue is a HUGE inconvenience and a MAJOR problem! We have a hundred things coming to us at once with faxes, emails, messages, phone calls, etc. and we do NOT have time to keep continuously logging back in every few minutes. We need to be aware 100% of the time when faxes and messages come in, and if we are logged off, we cannot see what may be an important message; whether it comes as a fax or phone message because the system has logged us off. We have one monitor dedicated to Ring Central and the constant logging in and getting kicked right back off is enough to make us want to go back to AT&T where we had just a regular fax machine and answering machine. Please STOP changing features without notification or at least without having the option available to "un-do" the change manually. 
PLEASE FIX THE "TIME OUT" PROBLEM BEFORE WE HAVE TO SWITCH BACK TO AT&T. WE SIMPLY CANNOT HAVE THIS ISSUE! 
Photo of Cindy

Cindy

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The 15 min Auto log out has got to go!.

The 15 min auto log out option that started this week has got to go.  We use the website option because we can monitor our three extentions.  There are two more extentions that we do not monitor.  If you use the softphone to check the messages, it will show any number that calls, it is not separated by extention.  Thought i would throw that in since that seems to be the reply that is given to people that are complaining about this.  
Photo of Lester

Lester

• 256 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled idle time for the online account extended and/or an option to have it on 15mins o....

Can you add an option to have the idle time for the online account extended and/or an option to have iton 15mins or 30 mins or 1 hour. Thanks!
Photo of Evan Allen

Evan Allen

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
As Richard Callaway so helpfully posted, there are third party programs that allow you to keep updating your browser even when you're AFK (away from computer).  HOWEVER:  Having Ring Central taking this on as part of their variable settings, would mean a new EULA agreement everyone would have to accept.  So the options now are, to use a trusted third party program like Richard suggested, Deal with the security settings and spend the 2-5 seconds it takes to log in, or keep pushing for a setting that inevitably will leave you with LESS security for your Ring Central Log-in.  Actually, there's one more I can think of. There are macro programs as well, if you don't want to use the auto-update extension (or chrome for that matter), where you essentially set a certain combination of keys to automatically type in a set keyboard command.  You could hit Ctrl+z+x (for example) and the macro would type your username and password and log you in.  It takes some learning if you've never done it before, but you'll be glad to know macro command building if you are sitting at a computer all day... :)
Photo of Jim Visnaw

Jim Visnaw

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How come RingCentral keeps timing out after about 5 mins of inactivity. I use Sa....

RingCentral logs me out after a few minutes.
Photo of Jim Visnaw

Jim Visnaw

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How come RingCentral keeps timing out after about 5 mins of inactivity. I use Sa....

RingCentral logs me out after a few minutes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.