I would like to have the capability of assigning a host extension when scheduling a meeting

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: RingCentral Meetings: permission for someone else (like secretary) to schedule meetings on behalf of host.

When I schedule a meeting, i logon using my extension. Sometimes I am not really attending the meeting but since I am task to do this scheduled meeting I need to have the capability of assigning a certain user to be the host of the scheduled meeting.
Photo of Macky Lirio

Macky Lirio

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 27,956 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Before you send your invite, update it with the credentials for the user you are tasked to set it up for.
Photo of Bolt Learning

Bolt Learning

• 62 Points
can you elaborate.  I don't quite understand.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 27,956 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
So, if I was sending a meeting invite for Sam (ext. 2000) I would get his Host Code: 111-111-111 and Participants Code: 222-222-222 first. When I create a meeting I would replace my Host Code: 333-333-333 and Participants Code: 444-444-444 with his Host Code: 111-111-111 and Participants Code: 222-222-222 before sending the email. The calling number is the same for all users.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Danno's work-around should work, but just to let you know, I'll move this post to an existing related request to it combines the votes and comments in a single thread.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.