Mobile App: 3-way

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: RC Phone Mobile App: 3-way calling

I would like to be able to put one caller on hold and then add in a 3rd party to the conversation. Is this possible? How?
Photo of lahscious

lahscious

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello, sorry for the late reply. It is not - certain desk phone models do allow you to merge calls, but not the apps.

As an alternative (if you're an Office customer), you can just invite the people to a conference. All US Office customers get unlimited conferencing with as many as 1,000 participants per conference.
Photo of Eddie Forero

Eddie Forero

• 3,914 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Not really a solution. Any basic mobile phone can merge calls. I seem ABSOLUTELY no reason why this feature can't be added to the mobile app.

That is a pretty ridiculous shortcoming.
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I agree with Eddie. Why can't you merge a call? Cell phones do it. Thanks,

Photo of Douglas Barnes

Douglas Barnes

• 62 Points
I agree with Michael and Eddie -- just migrated onto your platform and was shocked to find out that this isn't a feature.
Photo of theresa

theresa

• 72 Points
I agree with Michael, Eddie and Douglas.  Just this past week I was using mobile app while on the phone with a customer.  Customer asked whether I would add another person to the call.  I told customer that I did not have that ability...embarrassing to say in 2015.   
Photo of Marc

Marc

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Uh oh.  I think this answered my question from a thread I just started.

:(

I am going to search about on my cell and see how easy this is to do w/o Ring Central then I will post an answer.
Photo of Marc

Marc

Yup, my old Note2 can do it.  It is a little clumsy but I get an option to add another line then merge the call. 

Unfortunately it is using my personal phone number for business use but hey, that's the wave of 2015
Photo of Marc

Marc

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Newb wants to make a 3 way or bring another person onto an existing call.

Hello, we are just now trying out Ring Central. 

My situation is
We have:
-a log in with 4 VOIP numbers
-the smart phone app
-have used the desktop program
We are still using our traditional land line phone system.

Is it possible for me to call the boss from my smartphone app and then call a 3rd party like our delivery truck and conference us all together?

I have about 3 hours of experience with the system so be simple with your answer please.
Thanks for your time. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.