Ignore button

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Our cue currently has multiple phones set to ring simultaneously on both the desktop and mobile app for each person. When a call comes in and the ignore button is pressed the call temporarily goes away. Within a few seconds, the call comes back and this loop continues. The ignore button seems useless.

I would like that ignore button to remove the person from their phone ringing for that call. This would be different than taking themselves out of the cue since we need them to be available on the next call in times where they just need a minute or we are passing a number along for a particular reason.

Is there a setting I am missing or a solution to this? The phones just continue to ring and ring no matter how many times the ignore button is pushed.

Please help!
Photo of TrackWrestling

TrackWrestling

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,844 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There is a setting on how long the system waits before delivering a new call,.  This is how it works...

You have an agent, that was on a call and is finishing up  once they complete the call they may need 30 seconds or a min to finish up or prepare to receive another call from the queue.  

I think this is what you need to adjust  so that the agents have a bit more time before receiving another call.

With all phones ringing simultaneously testing would have to happen to ensure the timer works per user.

When they hit the Ignore button, and since all phones ring at the same time and that person is still available (Non on DND) then their phone will ring again.

Maybe the simultaneously is not the best call flow for your needs.  I see people do this so it is easy but not always the best scenario.

Does this help?  the timer setting is in the Call queue call handling section.

Chuck Fuscone
Certified RC Installer
Chuck@yoritguy.com
Photo of TrackWrestling

TrackWrestling

I know what you mean by the 'wrap up' time after a call. I guess the answer to my question is that...no....there is not a way for an agent to ignore a particular call for good...correct? I am curious just what the purpose of the 'ignore' button is then.

Perhaps changing the setting from simultaneous is my only solution. Can you please explain how long it would just ring the first person in the 'rotating' or 'fixed order' setting before moving on to the next one?
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

In the case of a call queue, and if you are not setup for Simultaneous ringing of all phones, it would send the call to the next available person if there was one.  I would have to do some testing if the person that hit ignore was the only one available, what would happen to the call.  Not sure if it would put the phone in to DND or not.

If you are setup in rotating or fixed order, the ignore would just send that call to the next available person if one was available. 

In a non Queue setting ignore will send to the next person in the call list or VM if there is no other call flow

Remember how the call flow works...

The only timer that will delay an available agent from receiving a call is the post wrapup timer.  If that is set to 0 or some small number as soon as a call comes in and an agent is available the call is delivered.

So in fixed order it just looks down the line for the next available, in rotating it looks for the phone that has been idle the longest and then if it is on line it delivers the call

Hope this helps

Chuck
Photo of TrackWrestling

TrackWrestling

I think that does help. In rotating...does it look for the phone that has been idle the longest since coming back into the cue?
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

yes, that is how the rotating works.  Phone that was idle longest get's next call

Chuck
Photo of TrackWrestling

TrackWrestling

Gotcha. I think I have what I need to adjust and test. Thanks for your help!
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Great