I'm getting close to 100 robocalls a day

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Is RingCentral doing anything to fight robocalls? We get close to 100 a day and our phones are pretty much useless. We have auto attendant but they still get through. This should be easily fixable using a 3rd party system or determining if anyone is on the other line as 99% of the time there is nobody there when we pickup. Worst of all this is using all of my minutes and costing me money as well as wasting employees time. PLEASE FIX THIS! My AT&T phones tell me if it's a spam or telemarketer call, RingCentral needs to add an option to block calls that are identified as such.
Photo of James Shiner

James Shiner

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • annoyed

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Michel

Michel, Champion

• 4,446 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
fully agreed, we are starting to get these calls as well
Photo of Michael Arsenault

Michael Arsenault

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed. This keeps happening over and over to me. Probably close to a 100 or so a day
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 12,290 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Good news everyone! Product is actively working on robocall mitigation at this time—it'll be added as a new feature by early 2020. Our goal will be to provide RingCentral users receiving unsolicited phone calls with additional on-screen information indicating a suspected robocall.

Michael Arsenault

That is good to hear. It is just unrealistic to manually block all of these calls due to the sheer volume that we are getting per day. The new robocall mitigation will just alert us if it is a suspected inbound spam call correct?

I believe so, I have not received a lot of details from product yet-- just the quick little piece I shared :) 
Photo of James Shiner

James Shiner

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Jessica, please share with them that it would be helpful if we could choose to block those in admin. Right now we can decline suspicious numbers but then it goes to the next phone in the queue, then the next, and so on.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 29,028 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I actually saw the new feature last week.  The CLID came up like "suspected spam" while it was ringing on my mobile APP.

Michael Arsenault

I use the mobile app as well and haven't seen this new feature. Like James mentioned above there needs to be an option to automatically block them in the admin section. Showing that it is potential spam doesn't really help the main issue of hundreds of these calls coming in.

I've shared this request James. I'll advise if I hear anything.