Improve phone number selection interface.

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

The current method of phone number selection is absolutely horrible.  It's so bad that it makes me question the continued use of this service.

The method of presenting a bunch of random numbers is what I would expect (and see) from free providers like Google Voice.  It is completely unacceptable that one must wade through random pages of numbers on a service that costs as much as Ring Central.

The fact is that business users expect to be able to use a unified block of numbers within a common range, which gives the appearance of all phone numbers being part of the same company.  Completely random numbers may not matter for IT people as they will say they're "all arbitrary anyway", but that is wrong.  The fact is that people publish numbers on business cards, etc... and if they're all random numbers, it makes the company look uncoordinated and not as professional.

Yes, this is a rant, but it is highly frustrating wen trying to pick numbers, and it also makes Management question why we should continue to use this service, when they are used to getting blocks of 100 numbers for free.
Photo of Brian Mathis

Brian Mathis

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 95,050 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've changed to to a feature request. Anyone else who would like to see this interface improved, please comment and vote.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.