Resolved: Inbound Call Issues for AT&T Phones?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
The issue I am experiencing this morning is similar to the one reported four weeks ago. My appears to only be affecting our direct or local numbers, not the toll free number. Also, while troubleshooting I discovered that some calls work correctly, but it appears to depend on the carrier. I am certain that inbound calls to our direct and local numbers aren't going through for AT&T, but they are going through for MetroPCS. This is a pretty odd one, any idea?
Photo of Brandon Scivolette

Brandon Scivolette, Champion

• 1,934 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,524 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Our Engineers are investigating reports of customers unable to receive inbound calls in the Florida area from some wireless carriers in Florida. Calling parties are receiving an error message stating "You have reached a non-working number". Customers outbound calls and all other services are not impacted at this time..  We will update this thread as soon as more information is
available.

Please Open a WebCase and title it:  Parent Case 04886070 - INC-17787 
Then post the case number here and I'll follow up with it directly. 
(Edited)
Photo of Brandon Scivolette

Brandon Scivolette, Champion

• 1,934 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Understood. That sounds like my issue!
Photo of Larry Davis

Larry Davis, Champion

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This happened to us before in July. we have 30+ phone lines that are affected. The customer can not afford to keep having these issues. 
It makes them look bad.
Photo of Michael Turner

Michael Turner

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is the third time in a month. I'm ready to go back to landlines.. 
Photo of Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• 1,248 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
We are experiencing this issue with Verizon.  Is there any update on the issue?
Photo of [none]

[none]

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Larry Davis

Larry Davis, Champion

i just called in. HD said it is tied into Frontier (formally Verizon) blocking a bunch of IP addresses. We have had horrible experiences with Frontier. They shut our internet down for a full day just running a standard speed test. 
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Verdin

Chris Verdin, Champion

• 2,874 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

We had an AT&T issue when we switched from AT&T to RingCentral.  Our building management company could not contact us.  The call would just terminate and beep every time they tried to call us.  It wasn't until the building management company switched from AT&T to Charter that the issues were resolved.  Which lead me to believe it was more of an AT&T issue vs a RingCentral issue. 

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

This is a 3rd party issue and our Engineers are working with the carriers to help get this resolved.  
Photo of Larry Davis

Larry Davis, Champion

Do we have anytime of estimate on when it will be resolved?
This is hurting our business.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Larry, you can contact the originating carrier directly as the routing issue is on their end. 
Photo of Larry Davis

Larry Davis, Champion

isn't that the Ring Central help desk's job? Per what i have been reading and hearing from the help desk they blocked your IP addresses.
Photo of [none]

[none]

it's not just AT&T. Kim are suggesting that we call every mobile service, that we may or may not be a client of and have them address this issue?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,198 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Larry,  As Kim stated above, our engineers are already working with the 3rd party.  We try to put pressure on other companies when these issues arise but we can't give any kind of ETA since it's not actually our system. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

[none],   This thread is concerning an issue that relates specifically to AT&T.  If you are having an issue with other carriers, then please open a support case if you have not and provide details. In the case notes include as much info as you can obtain, phone numbers, carriers names etc. 
Photo of [none]

[none]

Mike, my apologies, this is the thread that came up and i am getting emails from when i followed the direction of posting my support ticket from above. I am just looking for any and all answers.

Our Engineers are investigating reports of customers unable to receive inbound calls in the Florida area from some wireless carriers in Florida. Calling parties are receiving an error message stating "You have reached a non-working number". Customers outbound calls and all other services are not impacted at this time..  We will update this thread as soon as more information is
available.

Please Open a WebCase and title it:  Parent Case 04886070 - INC-17787 
Then post the case number here and I'll follow up with it directly. 
Photo of Larry Davis

Larry Davis, Champion

I am confused Mike. When i called the help desk I was told there are issues with both AT&T and Verizon/Frontier. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

The Verizon and AT&T issues are separate instances.  This particular thread is specific to the AT&T issue.  The instructions Kim gave above in the Official Response are not to be used for other issues.

Please Open a WebCase and title it:  Parent Case 04886070 - INC-17787 

Also, We just received word from out T3 Engineers that this issue with AT&T should now be resolved. 

Photo of Larry Davis

Larry Davis, Champion

Thanks Mike, is there something separate open for Verizon that i can follow(i didn't see one)? is that really a problem with verizon or did i misunderstand
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

We don't have a thread here on the Community for any Verizon issues at this time. But our engineers do have a few cases from some users.  What issues or symptoms are you having?  We can move this to a new thread. 
Photo of Larry Davis

Larry Davis, Champion

Thank you for all your help. We are in Tampa, FL. some customers would call and get the message "the number may be disconnected....". If i called with my Tmobile cell, i got thru with no problem. The branch manager for this location said defiantly Verzion people were having this issue. Started before 1pm est.One employed called from her cell and got thru one time but not a second time. Of course, right now everyone has gone home.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Please reference the new conversation here: Verizon issue: "The number may be disconnected" message

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.