inbound callers get busy signal when phone is not busy

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to ano

We have an issue in our area that when we call certain numbers (usually cellphone numbers) we get a busy signal at all times. Worse - when certain numbers try to call us THEY get a busy signal all the time. RC Support says there is no issue as when they call in they cannot duplicate it. It almost seems as if some cell carriers don't recognize the numbers that RC issues (it's when they call our direct extension numbers which are RC issued/assigned) Is anyone else having this issue?
Photo of Tony Van Oort

Tony Van Oort

• 376 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Concerned

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,748 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Tony what is the area code of your main number. I have seen this in the past but usually with small communities of people with phone systems that have to add in new area codes.

Obviously it is not everyone as your phone would never ring.

what is the area code?

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer

ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Tony Van Oort

Tony Van Oort

No it's not everyone just random and usually when the caller is on a cellphone it seems. Thanks for looking into it. Area code is 604

Tony
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tony - if you're still experiencing issues, a carrier problem may be to blame. We can open a ticket with our carrier(s) to investigate. This would require call samples - 3 is usually sufficient. Let me know if you'd like to go with this option.
Photo of Tony Van Oort

Tony Van Oort

Sure Ben, could you explain what you mean by call samples?
Tony
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Sure - just the date/time of the call and the caller's and called numbers. Ideally, 3 of these in a 24-hour period is what we'd need to move forward.
Photo of Sarah Eva Monroe

Sarah Eva Monroe

• 74 Points
Hi, I'm having the same issue. See my call log attached. Carrier is Sprint and my area code is 312. Note that these calls were made on Wednesday, May 21.

(Edited)
Photo of Sarah Eva Monroe

Sarah Eva Monroe

• 74 Points
Hi, anyone able to address this? Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.