How do you route faxes directly to an extension?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

I only occasionally use fax so normally to dump to one mail box is ok. But when I get one that is not for everyone's eyes it would be nice if the fax could be sent to my inbox, for example company # + ext. If the ext is present route to that inbox instead of the Operator.
Photo of Steven Suslick

Steven Suslick

• 1,006 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of FAQ

FAQ

• 2,498 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Steven,

Actually, I think this is already possible. Take a look here:

http://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/How-to-send-faxes-to-specific-RingCentr...

Can you give it a try and let me know if this works for you?

Thanks!

Desiree
Photo of Steven Suslick

Steven Suslick

• 1,006 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Not sure this works as indicated, but I do not use a physical dial fax I use for example RC faxing. When I send a fax with main number x ext. it still goes to my Operator account unless this is fixed. Before some fixes prior to Amerosa it did work and then stopped just before the new platform. I may be wrong but this has been my experience.
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hmmm... this is strange.

So when the new build was launched you no longer could fax to an extension (it only gets delivered to your Admin #)?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Steven!

There hasn't been a reply on this thread in a while so I'm setting this to "Answered".

If this is not answered, please let me know right away and I'll reopen the topic!

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Tony Audi

Tony Audi

• 60 Points
While FAXing to a specific extension might work from traditional FAX machines, I can't seem to get it working via Ring Central's outbound FAX service.  I tried using <main_number>*<ext> but it still gets dumped into the main (operator) mailbox.  Does RC's outbound FAX service know how to process a "pause"?  I was assuming it's a * because that's what the example shows.  I even tried ** but that didn't work either.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.