Incoming call tagging for phone display

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
We currently use call source for marketing and our moving over to Ring Central early next year.
We have over 400 campaign lines that ring into our current phone system that we give a tag, so when that number rings it shows as a name on phone. My question is does Ring Central have a way to tag the incoming phone number (as it will be static from call source) and give it a name? Or would I have to create a virtual number for each campaign and tag that?

Thanks in advance!

Chuck
Photo of Chuck

Chuck

• 70 Points

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Chuck! Depending upon a few things, you could leverage Call Queues. So each number could be assigned to a Queue and then you can leverage the Call Queue Display feature. I don't know all of your account needs/details but something to ask your Account Manager more about :)
Photo of Gary Manske

Gary Manske

• 916 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I also suggest using something like the Bridge Operator Console. Users can see the name of the Queue a call is coming in from and also monitor all Queue volume. You can use it for 30 days at no cost and launch from the app gallery here: https://www.ringcentral.com/apps/bridge-operator-console