Integrate RingCentral Meetings with Calendly

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
If you would like to see RC Meetings integrate with Calendly, please vote!
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 69,422 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Craig O'Neill

Craig O'Neill

• 494 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
First create a recurring RC meeting.

Then, in calendly event:

1. Set custom location.

2. Paste meeting link. (Beware others with meeting link could join this meeting, don't do this for confidential meetings)
Photo of Lawrence LeVine

Lawrence LeVine

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is what I do and it works well. My meetings are not confidential and I can always lock meetings if one is running late.
Photo of Bellatèra USA LLC

Bellatèra USA LLC

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you guys.

-Chris
Photo of Chris Buckely

Chris Buckely

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Has there been any update to this?
Photo of Craig O'Neill

Craig O'Neill

I wouldn't hold your breath.  I have little confidence that RC will deliver anything new with the state of the current applications.
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 13,838 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
We haven't heard any updates on this yet Chris. 
Photo of Adam Netzer

Adam Netzer

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It's really frustrating it's taking this long.  I haven't been this disappointed in what otherwise should be an already included feature since it took a year for Acura to add Android Auto to the 2019 RDX.  But unlike Ring Central, they got it done.
Photo of Craig O'Neill

Craig O'Neill

That analogy would have broke down if it was anything other than an Acura.  But since it was, I let it take me to your point, which was fantastic.
Photo of Hugues LECLERC

Hugues LECLERC

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Bump there. I was using Calendly+Zoom but our company choose ringcentral. I'll use the persistent room workaround, but i'll be there to watch if it's coming natively with on-the-fly room generation for privacy. 
Photo of Steve Golden

Steve Golden

Started using Calendly for appointments.  We could really use this integration.  The static meeting ID doesn't work very well for us.
Photo of Tim Walla

Tim Walla

Is there an integration between RCMeetings and Calendly yet? If not, do any Calandly users onhere have suggestions on how we can allow Calendly users to schedule RCMeetings with us?
Photo of Lawrence LeVine

Lawrence LeVine

I use my personal meeting code for every meeting I schedule with calendly.  It works great.  I add the link to my calendly account, so when an appt is made, it automatically is entered into the meeting info.
Photo of Craig O'Neill

Craig O'Neill

Only issue is security.  I'm hoping the new RingCentral Video platform will integrate with Calendly.
Photo of Tim Walla

Tim Walla

Where in Calendly do you enter your RC Personal Meeting ID link? I've tried entering the URL into the Location>Custom drop down but it doesn't save as a live link.
Photo of Lawrence LeVine

Lawrence LeVine

I do it like this
Photo of Tim Walla

Tim Walla

Got it, thank you Lawrence, that's a good workaround for now. I can see the privacy issue also, Craig.
Photo of Matthew Clement

Matthew Clement

• 60 Points

RingCentral Staff:

Please read the comments in this thread.  If you do not integrate with Calendly, which already integrates with Zoom, you may begin to lose customers, including me.

Regards,

Matthew