Intermittent problem with incoming calls and calls placed on hold

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

I have several extensions set up. Calls come into one number and my assistant usually answers.  Sometimes, the system works great without issue.  Other times, if she places a call on hold and I attempt to pick up, the call is not connected and can no longer be retrieved by any extension.  The caller is still on hold however, and they hear hold music and light shows the extension is in use, but no extension can retrieve the call.  We are forced to call them back.  

Other times a call will come in and the other extensions will not show the call, allow the call to be answered or do anything. I have resorted to physically going to my assistant's office to take a call for fear of the caller being lost in the cloud if my extension even shows the call.

I use Polycom 550 and 650 phones and have a Linksys E2500 router.  This problem recently has gotten much more frequent, but is still intermittent.
Photo of Russell Hilton

Russell Hilton

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • aggravated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Robb Glietz

Robb Glietz

• 70 Points
The company I work at is having the same issue, we are using vvx310 phones which we purchased just for the on-hold function since our old polycom phone didn't have that function. Any idea's out there? HELP!!!!
Photo of Russell Hilton

Russell Hilton

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
In that none of the support staff have commented, I figured I would post my fix for the benefit of others.  I noticed that the ports that were triggered on my Router were not exactly correct.  Fixing this fixed a majority of problems, but I still have issues every now and then.  Make sure the ports are set on the incoming and outgoing.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,248 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
thanks for sharing Russell, 

For anyone else that has a similar problem, this article will help you with the Port Forwarding/Triggering. 
Port Forwarding and Port Triggering

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.