Introducing the RingCentral Application

• Article
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • (Edited)

Your single place to call, message, and collaborate! 

We’ve made it easier to work the way you want to work, anywhere and on any device. Soon you will be able to access your favorite RingCentral features using one consolidated app. We combined what you love about RingCentral Phone and Glip into a convenient, single user experience.

Later this week, the Glip app will be renamed to the RingCentral app and will have a new icon. The app icon and name change will rollout for iOS and Android mobile apps and web client on August 16th followed by the desktop app on August 17th.

Over the next few weeks, RingCentral Office customers will gain the ability to call, message and collaborate straight from the app. Don’t worry - once you’re in the app, everything will look the same. We’ll be in touch when your account is updated.

For free users, the app will continue to function the same.

**If your application icon in the tray doesn't update with the latest RingCentral icon, try undocking it from the tray and then relaunching the app.** 

Photo of Natalie Carboni

Natalie Carboni, Associate Customer Marketing Manager

• 1,548 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Brian Tondreault

Brian Tondreault

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Since this "update" i cannot get rid of some notification on my taskbar. I have uninstalled all RC applications (Glip/Phone/Meeting) and reinstalled just incase...still nothing. I cant figure out where these "notifications" are and to clear it. I rely on them and seeing a red notification in RC (Glip) just bothers the heck out of me. This ONLY started today...after this update.

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 45,276 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hmmmmm.....Can you please open a case so we can investigate what's going on?
Photo of Brian Tondreault

Brian Tondreault

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ok thank you :)
Photo of Bryan Pickel

Bryan Pickel

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are only seeing a handful of our company numbers listed to select as a default number in the new app, which means the caller ID will be incorrect for almost everyone. Is this a known issue or is there a fix?

Hey Bryan, I've made a new thread for this situation so we can troubleshooot

Please reference the new conversation here: Company Caller ID Numbers Missing
Photo of Ted Pichalski

Ted Pichalski

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The move into a single application is fantastic; I'd like to point out an area that can use some improved design consideration: The RingCentral Desktop application Navigation (left pane) gets extremely elongated if you are a heavy user of Glip.  Favorites push down the Teams; Teams push down the People and if you have open conversations with a long list of People even having your monitor turned Portrait is not enough to show all conversations.

There are a few approaches to consider:
1) Allow the sections (Favorites, Teams, and People) to be collapsible
2) Allow People to be categorized/organized by the user; these can then be collapsed

There is value in have most recent conversations bubble to the top, but permit the user to also control how these are organized.

Thank you, Ted

Hi Ted, thanks for your feedback! I have created a new Idea thread for your suggestions :)

Please reference the new conversation here: Collapse Options for People, Favorites, & Teams
Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

• 1,514 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hithere,

Thanksfor the feedback! 

We willtake it all into consideration for new designs soon.

I dohave some good news for you – today you can actually collapse the sections byclicking the icon in each respectively. See this video recording attached of how to do it:

https://www.useloom.com/share/60f4e820d4d44069ae4466587e473cf3

Let meknow if there’s anything else you need assistance with.

Have agreat Thanksgiving!

Theother Ted ;)