iOS 13 API changes could affect RingCentral Phone and RingCentral (glip) app

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
I suspect this change to iOS 13 could also adversely affect the RingCentral Phone and RingCentral (glip) apps on iOS.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/08/06/ios-13-voip-background-access-changes/
Photo of Greg Langham

Greg Langham

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,740 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I was thinking the same.  It probably explains why calling in RIngCentral apps are not working on ios 13 beta currently.  I know that RC devs are aware of this so I would hope it is resolved by the time 13 is released.
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 9,404 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I got confirmation that RC apps will not be impacted by the changes in iOS 13 for VoIP. 
Photo of Emily Gore

Emily Gore

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi there!  I'm having an issue that I suspect is around iOS 13.  I used to be able to call my native iPhone and my work phone at the same time without the call saying "Call Failed."  I also have users getting kicked out of Active Calls. Do we have any further info on the iOS 13 piece?
(Edited)

• 8,938 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
There is a known issue where users are on a call native to their cell, and then an RC call comes in and ends the native call. This should have been resolved with an update to 13.2. Can you confirm if you're on 13.2? 
Photo of Emily Gore

Emily Gore

I am on 13.1.3 and I have a user who is experiencing the same issue on 13.2.2.  Is there another update after 13.2?  Is that update 13.2.2.?
Photo of Emily Gore

Emily Gore

Actually, just got confirmation from the user that they truly are not on 13.2.2, it's just up for their Software Update.  They were on 13.1.3.  Thank you!!!

• 8,938 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome!