• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Photo of HootSuite App

HootSuite App

• 4,562 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Since the last update, 7.3, many of the buttons and elements on the screen are not labeled for voiceover to read. I cannot, for example, locate and highlight the dial button or contacts button to make calls out. It has pretty much become unusable. The app is now difficult to navigate through. It was completely accessible on version 7. I believe this would be an easy fix, especially since it was accessible before. Also, when I called tech-support to try and inform them of this issue, they would not talk to me because I was not the administrator and could not answer the security question. I told them this was just a general sort of complaint, not specific to an account, but he would not assist me. I had also planned on purchasing another phone line and upgrading my account, but not after that service. I recommended the service to my company specifically because it was accessible, so this is extremely disappointing and now puts me in an awkward position.
Photo of Trae Wisecarver

Trae Wisecarver

• 60 Points
OP here. Liz is my wife; she has all of the specifics of the problem.
Photo of HootSuite App

HootSuite App

• 4,562 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled iOS app makes it impossible for #blind ppl to use your app.

In response to @corbb on Twitter: https://twitter.com/corbb/status/6510...

.@RingCentral upsetting that ur #iOS app makes it impossible for #blind ppl to use your app. No support reps can help me & staff can’t work
Photo of Ted

Ted, Product Manager

• 870 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're currently working on a fix to get voiceover working with the menu in our new UI. We apologize for the inconvenience and want to ensure all of our customers can use our mobile app again as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.       
Photo of corbbo

corbbo

• 70 Points
When can we expect this to be fixed? And how much will you be crediting our account for our inability to use the service to its full potential because of this bug causing a disruption in service?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
All credits are handled on a per account basis. You'll need to contact your account manager to discuss this. 

Mike 
Photo of Lester

Lester

• 256 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Customer wants to have the option to use voice over on the IOS app with RingCentr....

Customer wants to have the option to use voice over on the IOS app with RingCentral mobile app. To be specific, Apple iPhone has the accessibility programming used by people who are visually impaired.
here are the guidelines for additional info:

Accessibility and VoiceOver VoiceOver is Apple’s innovative screen-reading technology, which gives users control over their devices without having to see the screen. VoiceOver does this by acting as an intermediary between an application's user interface and the user's touch, providing audible descriptions of elements and actions in the application. When VoiceOver is active, users don’t have to worry about accidentally deleting a contact or calling a phone number, because VoiceOver tells them where they are in the user interface, what actions they can take, and what the results of those actions will be.

An application is accessible when all user interface elements with which users can interact are accessible. A user interface element is accessible when it properly reports itself as an accessibility element.

To be useful, however, an accessible user interface element must provide accurate and helpful information about its screen position, name, behavior, value, and type. This is the information VoiceOver speaks to users. The iOS SDK contains a programming interface and tools that help you ensure that the user interface elements in your application are both accessible and useful (for more information, see iOS Accessibility API and Tools).

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/iPhoneAccessibility/...

I made a  promise to a customer that I will post this feature for his request.

Photo of Ted

Ted, Product Manager

• 870 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello! If you haven't already done so, please upgrade your RingCentral iOS app to our latest v7.4.1. We released this app update on Monday and it includes a fix for voiceover to work with the menu in our new UI. Thank you for your patience.