iOS app not receiving text messages

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

I installed the RingCentral iOS app on my phone to be able to respond to text messages as well as view and listen to voicemail.

If a text message is sent to my number I receive a email with the message, however, it does not show up in the iOS app.  Voicemail has the same issue.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Photo of Barry

Barry

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Barry

Barry

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Am I the only one having this problem?

Photo of Sean Smith

Sean Smith, Employee

• 892 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Barry, by default, messages should be displayed once you have successfully logged in to the app.  If that is not happening try removing and reinstalling and/or making sure you have the most current mobile application installed.
Photo of Yaron Goldenberg

Yaron Goldenberg

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am using ringcentral iphone app for more then a year now mainly to send and receive text msgs on the app . now i am not able to receive any text, i am able just to send text.
on the phone now with ring central for over then an hour and it seems like the rep doesent have any idea how to solve this. someone ?
Photo of Jill Ato

Jill Ato

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
i have the same issue! please let me know if you get it fixed and how. This is really frustrating. 
Photo of Sean Smith

Sean Smith, Employee

I did some looking on similar reports.  While some were simple misconfigurations or software reinstalls, those that lingered were re-provisioned through a national sms database provider.  If you have reinstalled and verified the configuration please give a call into support.  Yaron, looks like you were able to do that to get it resolved.
Photo of Jill Ato

Jill Ato

Thanks Sean! i have re installed the app already, still nothing changed. what should i do to verify the configuration? 
Photo of Sean Smith

Sean Smith, Employee

check out this article.  It is for sending sms but you will see all the fields and notices of what should be setup.  If looks good then I suggest giving a call into support to try re-provisioning.  Let me know if you have any issues getting this resolved.

http://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/5780?priority=10&retURL=/apex/RCSup...

Photo of Jill Ato

Jill Ato

Thanks Sean,  everything seems good. I will call them regarding the re-provisioning. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.