IP based Audio Door Entry Systems (Intercom System)

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Are there any manufactures of IP based Audio Door Entry Systems (Intercom System) that operate / integrate with Ring Central 
Photo of Scott Clark

Scott Clark

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 23,022 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
cyberdata.net would be a good bet and they have good support and know RingCentral.  Really any SIP device should be able to work with a little effort and any analog device can work with an ATA. The analog option is often good if you can reuse cable or existing equipment and pulling ethernet turns out difficult/expensive.
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

Direct link to their door entry/intercom products: http://www.cyberdata.net/products/voip/digitalanalog/intercom_endpoints.html
Photo of Chris Rosa

Chris Rosa

• 880 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Jumping on this thread...any idea how this could work with video and ring central?
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

Good question.  I have never done it, but I know there are SIP standards for video calls soil you match the right IP video door entry unit with a compatible phone I think it would work.  Maybe like a Polycom VVX 1500 for example.

Are you willing to order some stuff and give it a try?  I would think cyberdata or Algo would have some good video entry choices and then a Polycom or Cisco phone that supports video.
Photo of Chris Rosa

Chris Rosa

• 880 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Yes... I was looking at the CyberData SIP video intercom, but sadly it looks like our VVX-250 and 450s aren't compatible with video conferencing. I'm trying to get away from having dedicated screens/receivers now, so having to have dedicated phones is kind of a similar scenario. 

Thanks for the reply.
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

Many of the video entry systems work with mobile apps and desktop apps.  I have some customers doing that and they seem to like it.