iPhone mute toggle, shuts off RNG notifications

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

When the mute toggle is engaged on iPhone, all incoming call notifications cease.  I should be able to have my phone on mute and still be able to receive an incoming call with Ring Central.
Photo of Michael Sarafinas

Michael Sarafinas

• 70 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Randy T.

Randy T.

• 1,276 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
There is an integration between the softphone and the cell they cannot get around due the iPhone configuration. Thus, the situation you describe. My understanding is there is nothing they can do about this. I use RC app on my iPad married to my iPhone to get around this. Some folks don't want the bulk, but it works for me because I don't really use the phone anyway. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I believe this is accurate.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,774 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Randy is correct, the ability for the RingCentral iPhone app to ring with your phone on silent is a limitation of the iPhone Device not with RingCentral. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.