Is anyone else having a problem with the HUD showing the incorrect information regarding call state?

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
This week we have noticed that the desktop softphones are showing the wrong status in the HUD.  We installed the new update (9.1.1.27091) hoping that would resolve the issue but no luck.

PS: We are on an Office Standard subscription located in Minnesota.
Photo of Conrad Kelly

Conrad Kelly

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Conrad Kelly

Conrad Kelly

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have created a case it is #05892874.
Photo of Jayme

Jayme

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Having the same issue! I opened a support ticket as well.
Photo of Patrick Horan

Patrick Horan

• 638 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I've experienced this at our company multiple times.  We are a US based company with 17 users who all use RC Desktop from Windows 10.  I've opened a ticket in the past, but was told the resolution was to close and reopen RC Desktop.  Could never get more help than that.
Photo of Brandon Scivolette

Brandon Scivolette, Champion

• 1,934 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yep! Since yesterday morning. I thought it was something on our side, but I'm glad I checked the community.
Photo of DanielB

DanielB

• 326 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes, we are experiencing the same with the HUD not displaying extensions and park locations correctly. The only way to get it to show correctly is to log off and log back in. Not very practical to have to do that every 2-3 minutes. I too have a call in, support ticket number 0588-8858. The level 2 tech streamed into my workstation and recorded the session so they could see how the Softphone is acting. He also took lots of notes and is escalating this to level 3 support. 
Photo of DanielB

DanielB

At this time it seems as if the issue has been resolved. The HUD is working properly now and has been for the last day and half.  We are currently using version 9.1.1.27091.
Photo of Jayme

Jayme

Let us know how it turns out! They must be working on it as I haven't heard back regarding my support ticket since yesterday and they usually are pretty timely. It is really inconvenient especially when you have calls to transfer and you can't tell who is really on the phone. 
Photo of Gabriel Soto

Gabriel Soto

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HUD not showing the correct presence. Again :(.

Ones again the presence on the HUD got broken again on the desktop app.

The presence on the phone and the desktop app does not sync.

Called again to RC. they instruct me to PURGE the data on each user, I did it and same issue. Then called later and they instruct me to roll back to version 8.4.5, I did it and same issue with the presence.

How in the world RC technicians do not have any idea how to resolve the issue if they cause it by their update.

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 55,680 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello Everyone,

We have had reports of HUD issues with the new 9.1 Softphone.

If you haven't already, please create and submit a case so that we can track & troubleshoot the issue for you. Thank you!

Photo of Jayme

Jayme

I opened a support ticket at the beginning of this week and nobody has gotten back to me yet. I talked to a rep and she told me to purge, but it did not work. I called to let her know but I haven't received any response. 

Hello Jayme,

I see that the agent sent you an email on 6/20 and is waiting for a response regarding if purging helped or not. You can log in and update your case by clicking the button below :)
Photo of Jayme

Jayme

I responded to another email that she sent and I left her a voice message. I will update the case status, but I did reach out to her in two ways.

Sounds good, Jayme. I will also reach out to the agent and let them know :)
Photo of Gabriel Soto

Gabriel Soto

Hi. Seems like our presence today it is working as normal using version 8.4. I will keep monitoring the status and then I will try to update to the version 9.1.1 next week. By the way I opened a case 05889027.

I want to appreciate that I got contacted by T2 after two hours prior opening the case and I received an email from T3 that they are working on the case.

(Edited)
Photo of OpenCRM

OpenCRM

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi. I wanted to add to this thread as we are experiencing the same issues and have been for a while - current version on OSX/Windows is 9.2.4.27921

I keep getting told to check my network but this has been verified previously without change.

Is everyone else happy with the HUD and what it shows? because currently, as it shows people taking calls that they are not on and we can't rely on it, its pushing us towards leaving!

• 55,636 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello OpenCRM,

Hmmmm....I haven't heard of this issue coming back yet. This is definitely something we need to investigate. Please open up a case with us so we can gather the debug logs, screen shots of the HUD, etc. 

Feel free to reply back here with your case number so I can keep an eye on it :)

Photo of OpenCRM

OpenCRM

Thanks Saadet, appreciate the prompt reply. We have already had this raised as a ticket and told that it cannot be followed up because its most likely a network issue. Thank you for taking an interest but I feel a new case would get us nowhere further forward, my Q was to gauge if this was unique to us or more common as the previous community threads suggest.

Graham

I do apologize about that! There are a few things that we can do to investigate if it is the softphone itself having issues or if it is network related. If you open a case feel free to include the link to this conversation. Again, reply back here with the case number and let me know if you run into any issues so I can assist :)
Photo of Patrick Horan

Patrick Horan

We're getting this again.  Last time I opened a case I was instructed to perform an intensive inspection of our networks/firewalls/Qos which all fell into acceptable levels according to the RC guides.  I was then told by a tech that the HUD on the softphone wasn't designed to be used to tell if someone was on the phone or not?  I've been extremely displeased with the lack of effort from RC support in fixing what I would think is an integral part of their application.

And if, in fact, the HUD is not to be used to monitor who is on the phone, then what good is it?  Not happy.  Not happy at all.

Hey Patrick,

Really sorry about the experience. As I mentioned above, there are a few things we can do to investigate this occurrence. Please open up a case as per my instructions above :)
Photo of Patrick Horan

Patrick Horan

So your tech team can blame my network again and tell me that I'm trying to use the software in a fashion for which it was not designed?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,358 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Patrick,  I see that another case was opened. If you have any problems or feel that you've receive inferior service send an email with details to community.support@ringcentral.com 
Photo of OpenCRM

OpenCRM

@Patrick - Thank you for your insights. I have to be honest and say that my experience is similar to yours, our network needed verification [which it did fine] even though the problem follows us everywhere we go, so not specific to our main office.

@Saadet - The problem is that every time we open a ticket the first few conversations are less about the technical issues but more about convincing the tech that there is a problem in the first place. Sadly in a sea of pretty good customer support this one issue has left me so jaded that I can't spare anymore time persuading 1st line tech to escalate it up to someone who has the time and resources to offer a considered opinion.
My reason for asking was because, after speaking to tech support, I thought I was the only one who had this problem, I am actually and perversely quite relieved that I am not!

Graham

OpenCRM, I completely understand your frustration. Please open up a case and I will have it escalated so we can really start to dig into what's going on.

Patrick, I will be escalating your case as well.
Photo of OpenCRM

OpenCRM

Thank you - case number : 06283319

Graham

Thanks, Graham!
Photo of DanielB

DanielB

If I may, I'll add to this as well. This has been an ongoing issue with our phones and after having this issue get to Tier 3 support, the issue has been acknowledged and will be fixed (lets hope!) with version 9.3, due to be released sometime in October. Please refer to case number 06065930 (started August 9th) for all the details regarding this.

Thanks for the info, DanielB!
Photo of DanielB

DanielB

You're welcome, Saadet! :D
Photo of OpenCRM

OpenCRM

@Daniel that’s really good news, certainly worth awaiting the update before investing too much of everyone’s time.

@Saadet lets just close this ticket for now with a view to getting the update and then assess from there. You don’t need multiple investigations on the same issue with hopefully an identified issue and potential resolution.

Graham

No worries, Graham. What I'll do is have your ticket escalated to Product so that when this issue is resolved you will receive an update on it via email :)
Photo of OpenCRM

OpenCRM

I am holding my breath but I seem to have solved (at least) my HUD issues, I am monitoring and will post Monday PM if it carries on working correctly. More to come!
Photo of DanielB

DanielB

@OpenCRM - Looking forward to reading how you've accomplished this assuming the fix sticks. *CrossingFingers
Photo of OpenCRM

OpenCRM

One small caveat, I have been told that what we asked to be changed would not resolve our problem, but ......

When we set up our RC account we were given a local RC assigned telephone number.

Once up and running we ported in our main telephone number.

Up until Thursday last week the RC assigned number was set as our ‘primary’ number when we looked in the control panel and our ported number was listed as an ‘additional’ number.

I asked for these to be switched.

Because the numbers had flipped I also, manually went through the extensions, only 22 so pretty doable, to reset and save the Outbound CLi for each user.

Since a reboot of each users phones the HUD has worked without problem. No more inbound calls showing up as ringing that actually came in 2 hours ago OR calls showing as active on one extension which are actually speaking to someone else entirely.

Good luck if this helps, I will keep you informed if anything materialises of interest.

Graham
Photo of OpenCRM

OpenCRM

Sorry, I should have said - all calls come in via thie ported number.
Photo of DanielB

DanielB

I am happy to say that the HUD issue we were experiencing are no longer with RingCentral v. 9.3.3. I have been running it for last day and a half and the HUD is operating as one would expect. Extensions are showing the correct status, park locations are working properly, incoming calls showing as they should -- all is good! I'm hoping that this issue is gone for good, keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks!
Photo of OpenCRM

OpenCRM

Daniel, that is great news.

My solution seems to have helped but some users still reporting quirks, I have asked how we get 9.3.3 - did you get the update through support or was this a normal upgrade through the application ?

Graham

Hello OpenCRM,

The desktop app should update normally soon. However, if you'd like to get the update a little sooner feel free to contact support and request a link for the 9.3 download :)
Photo of DanielB

DanielB

Graham, I was able to get the link from a RC rep, like Saadet mentioned. Hope it resolves the issues you are experiencing.  
Photo of OpenCRM

OpenCRM

Thanks Daniel - UK production roll out is 2nd November so I am holding my breath to see if it works for us also. Graham.
Photo of Gabriel Soto

Gabriel Soto

HUD not showing the correct info is broken again. Somebody else is experience this issue? I opened a case this morning.

Hey Gabriel, I just received word from Tier 3 that there is an issue that's being investigated. If anyone else is having this issue, please open a case and include Parent Case 07642775 in your notes
Photo of Gabriel Soto

Gabriel Soto

We are still having the issues with our HUD not syncing correctly and the only response that i received on the 12th was just to inform to me the case #07641305 was assigned and investigated.

Hey Gabriel, we're still looking into this!