Is it me, or is the RingCentral tech support a complete freaking joke?

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

20 man hours on the phone with tech support and of course on hold, our problem is still not solved.  I wonder if these people even have an office in the USA?   Thanks RingCentral for the WORST customer service experience EVER!   Time to switch service providers, any suggestions?
Photo of Harry Singer

Harry Singer

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • postal!

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,588 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Harry,   You are welcome to post your questions here and we'll try to help you out as soon as we can.  
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 27,842 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

We’ve all been there.  I try to look at the glass half-full, but it’s tough when it’s a red solo cup with a hole in the bottom!  Frankly, nearly all the carriers and vendors provide poor (at best) customer service.  The best solution is a great consultant.  Think of it like a CPA.  Sure you can do your own taxes (it’s fun), sure you can call the IRS if you need assistance (ask for Lois Lerner), and of course the IRS rep will help you do proactive planning.  Eventually you decide to hire a CPA so you can get rid of the frustration and truly focus on your business.  Experts are worth every penny and provide a true invaluable relationship.  I deal with numerous carriers and service providers on a daily basis and the stories I can tell.  The bottom line, “you can’t wish an elephant into a mouse”.  But, we all feel your pain.

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 27,842 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

My last sentence dropped..

However, I do have much better success with Ring Central than with the other hosted providers.  I won't bash the other guys, but there is a big difference - trust me!

Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 13,980 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If you have a chance, please share your problem, maybe other users like us, can bring some ideas.
Photo of Harry Singer

Harry Singer

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The first problem is the fact that it takes an exceedingly long time to actually get a person to answer the phone.  The second problem stems from the fact that the person answering the phone has no clue how to solve a problem; this has always resulted in another long hold period as the problem is escalated to the next level, and then the next level.   The issue is that I purchased two YeaLink cordless phones, which are "approved" phones.  After literally 15 hours of hold and tech support time, we were told that due to the fact that we didn't purchase the phones directly from RingCentral, the phones won't work.  Consequently,  I purchased two additional YeaLink phones directly from RingCentral.; they arrived last Thursday.  I spent 5 hours attempting to install the phones with no luck.  On Friday, after speaking with RingCentral, another 2 hours of time down the toilet, we were told that someone would call us back; that never happened.  After requesting a cancellation of my account, and speaking to 3 more tech support people, I was finally told that the phones needed to be provisioned by RingCentral.    I was told that I would receive directions via email on the correct installation procedures, and that the phones would finally work tomorrow.    I am now out of pocket over $800.00 for phones, 20 man hours, and still as I type this message I have no phones.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.