Call Queue: Add "voice response" and option to Disable the "press 1 to accept call" accept call.

• Idea
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)

When a call is forwarded to a smart phone after the desk phone did not pick up, then in order to accept the call you have to enter the phone password, then press 1 to accept the call.

Needless to say that if you are on the road driving, and you want to take the call, it's really not safe to go through these steps.

Is there any way to receive such calls as regular phone calls, so you can accept the call by just answering it ?

Photo of Shimon Adimor

Shimon Adimor, Champion

• 900 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • Concerned

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
im not even worried about this in a queue setting, what about if a call is just forwarded to an offsite number whether its a cell or another office who may not be using RC? having to press 1 is annoying at the very least, and at the most the 2nd or 3rd step to getting a call depending on if its going to a mobile or not.
On the other hand, if a person is in a queue, and is supposed to answering on their mobile, shouldnt they be using the RC app? not their personal cell number? or am i missing something ?
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,646 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You're over-thinking it. Why would someone be in a call queue if they are not associated with the business and not using RingCentral?

Here's an Official response from Kim in this thread (previous RingCentral employee) for you and others who may not have seen it before:
"The reason this is not capable with a call queue, is if the call is fwd to a users cell phone and if the "press 1 to connect" prompt is disabled, then the call will forward to the carrier of that users personal cell phone (and voicemail) and not get pulled back to the queue for the next agent or to leave a voicemail in the queue. 

The definition of a call queue is "a line."  
If this prompt was disabled, there would be no "line"...it would just fwd to the users cell phone and not roll to the next agent.  You can setup a Virtual User Extension for that situation if you'd like it to flow that way."
Photo of Jeremy Langlitz

Jeremy Langlitz

• 62 Points
Right now, my extension is not part of a call queue and the press 1 option is disabled. When someone calls that extension it rings my cell phone. If there is no answer, and I do not hit "ignore" on my phone, the phone call gets routed back to my RingCentral voicemail (not my personal cell phone voicemail). If I was to press "ignore" then the phone call gets routed to my cell phone voicemail.

This is the way it should work with the call queue function.
Photo of RingCentral Admin

RingCentral Admin

• 848 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
There are a couple things they need to do to make RC work in a mobile (driving) environment:

1. With call queue calls they need to append the extension to the CALLED NUMBER.  This would allow the user (ME) to create a unique ring tone for each call queue and know (WITHOUT LOOKING AT MY PHONE or answering the call) what type of call is coming in - think Support, Sales, Urgent, etc.

2. When you answer the call, RC will say "Press 1 to answer..." They need to accept a voice response to answer the call.  This would allow users to answer the call WITHOUT TOUCHING THEIR PHONE and crashing their car...   

This is SIMPLE and AVAILABLE technology in today's world.   We need more RC users demanding this.  Please vote for this feature and press RC to do it.   
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

voice responsive greetings and options would be great. any progress on this board mods??
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry Chris, we don't have any eta if/when this will happen.

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

ok, thanks for the reply.

RingCentral Admin

Come on Ring Central - stop putting your customers in danger and give us voice response.
Photo of LOREN JONES

LOREN JONES

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Queue: how to bypass "pressing 1 to accept" from a call queue?.

I need to be able to accept a call without pressing 1 when using the call queue.
Photo of Ronan McGuigan

Ronan McGuigan

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Remove Announcement on call queue to mobile device.

I would like to remove the "press 1" to accept on all que calls when forwarded to mobile device,  Not really practical when taking calls whilst driving on handsfree"
Photo of BECKER

BECKER

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Remove press 1 to continue on call queue calls.

1. Account type: US
  2. Name of business: Premier Technology Group
  3. A high level description of the product or feature being requested:
  4. A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: It is more convenient answering the calls from a call queue by removing the announcement (Press 1 to continue). There are cases wherein you have to multitask before answering the calls.
  5. Benefit of such feature: Will be able to immediately respond to customer's call.
  6. Include any related case number if applicable: 06627421
  7. Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 9
Photo of Christie Speciale

Christie Speciale

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I'd like to be able to turn off having to hit "#1" when I answer the phone in cal....
Photo of Web Eye Care

Web Eye Care

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Queue.

Call Queue - No Dial in to Accept Call. With current call queue set up, we currently have to accept a call by dialing 1 before we can speak with the customer. Please bring back the automatic call acceptance for call queues.
Photo of Lu McCarty

Lu McCarty

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Feature Request - Add Never option to Call Queue ID.

Option to add "never" to an incoming call number from a call queue, this option is present only for direct calls at this time. Adding this option to call queue would allow hands free answering, at present, for calls from a call queue - one must press 1 to accept the call if forwarded to a mobile phone. Potentially dangerous while driving, it may also be illegal to operate a mobile device while driving in many states.
Photo of Salman Khan

Salman Khan

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "press 1 to answer ".

is a very bad facility please remove it .its annoying and waste
Photo of Dennis Giles

Dennis Giles

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled turn off play announcement before connecting for call queue calls.

1. Account type: Office Ultimate 2 - 99 lines 
  2. A brief description of the business: not discussed
  3. A high level description of the product or feature being requested: customer just wants to be able to receive call queue calls using their mobile number, without the play announcement function.
  4. A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: for call from the call queue to be forwarded to the mobile number, without being held up/delayed, and for the call to connect.
  5. Benefit of such feature: it will avoid the issue sometimes experienced when the "press 1 to accept the call" function is enabled where it either rings, the agent picks up but gets dead air, without ever getting the announcement "press 1 to accept the call" or the phone doesn't ring at all. 
  6. Include any related case number if applicable: 07327796 
  7. Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 65 digital lines / 75 users 
Photo of Jason Martin

Jason Martin

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I Turn off the “Press 1 Before Connecting” Prompt? in Ring Group.

RingCentral just changed their phone system this month, so I am now forced to use Ring Groups now where I used to use dummy extensions to solve this problem and I need a solution ASAP.

I have a couple users in the field that are forced to use cell phones to answer calls from our new Ring Groups that we had to setup.  You currently have an option to turn off the "Press 1 to accept call" on your extension, but not on a ring group call.  This is a HUGE problem for any mobile user, because he physically has to go to his cell phone and press 1 to answer the call.  If the user is driving (i.e. sales person) or has his hands full, he cannot use his hands free  methods on his headset or vehicle to answer the call and start talking.  This may not sound like a big deal to some, but it is against the law in Canada to touch your phone keypad while you are driving.  It is all over the radio up here and I believe the current ticket ranges from $400-1000 depending how it is being enforced and how good you are at fighting tickets.  And yes they are enforcing it up here, because you hear about it on the news all the time.  There is a big push up here for hands free driving and it is a big enough deal that my business partner has already made the comment we might have to find a new phone system that does not have this restraint.

They really need at add this feature ASAP, because their current setup forces users to break the law in Canada.  If RingCentral wants to stay compliant with the current laws in the countries it operates, this feature should be right at the top of the list.

If anyone has a workaround for this problem in the meantime, please share.

RingCentral Admin

I've been asking for this for YEARS and also pointed out to RC that it is ILLEGAL and DANGEROUS to have to look at or touch your phone while driving.   They need VOICE prompt at a minimum.  Press or say one to answer would work.    I've also asked them the BRING BACK the ability to display the CALLED NUMBER plus EXTENSION as that would allow us to use ring tones to identify different called extensions (like Support, Sales, Urgent, etc.).
Photo of DixieBee

DixieBee

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled User Greeting - Press 1 to connect your call - can you also "say" 1 to connect?.

I use the "User Greeting" on my account, which comes into my cell phone. When I answer a call coming into my Ring Central, I hear, "You have a caller. Press 1 to connect your call." (or whatever the actual verbiage is, I hardly ever get past "You have a caller" and just press 1.) 

My state just passed very strict hands-free cell phone laws. I can use 1 finger to answer an incoming cell call of a phone that is in a mount in my car. That's the easy part. Getting to where I can access the keypad to press 1 to answer an incoming RingCentral call is not easy at all. 

Wondering if it's possible to use voice prompts "Say 1" rather than Press 1 to answer these calls? I don't get many calls while I'm driving, but there are times it would be nice to have this option. 

Thanks. 
Photo of Brian Sease

Brian Sease

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is unacceptable in this day and age. Your system prompts a user to press 1 in order to connect the person answering the phone with the individual calling in to a call queue number. There is no reason a incoming call cannot be parked while a message asking for your voice response is played and a response listened for. If after a brief time the proper response is not received the call can be unparked and put back into the call queue. This nonsense of telling people it cannot be done is just that, a load of crap. We all know that this feature is a needed item in order for users to comply with the law in most states. It's unthinkable RingCentral has delayed so long in implementing it. I have outlined the best way to accomplish this, it is totally doable and your delay in doing so puts countless drivers safety at risk.