Call Queue: Add "voice response" and option to Disable the "press 1 to accept call" accept call.

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)

When a call is forwarded to a smart phone after the desk phone did not pick up, then in order to accept the call you have to enter the phone password, then press 1 to accept the call.

Needless to say that if you are on the road driving, and you want to take the call, it's really not safe to go through these steps.

Is there any way to receive such calls as regular phone calls, so you can accept the call by just answering it ?

Photo of Shimon Adimor

Shimon Adimor, Champion

• 910 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • Concerned

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Shimon, if you do not use a call queue for your call flow then you will not get prompted.  Not sure how your system is configured but the call flow to a queue will always have this feature.  

I hope this helps

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
Photo of Brian Sease

Brian Sease

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is unacceptable in this day and age. Your system prompts a user to press 1 in order to connect the person answering the phone with the individual calling in to a call queue number. There is no reason a incoming call cannot be parked while a message asking for your voice response is played and a response listened for. If after a brief time the proper response is not received the call can be unparked and put back into the call queue. This nonsense of telling people it cannot be done is just that, a load of crap. We all know that this feature is a needed item in order for users to comply with the law in most states. It's unthinkable RingCentral has delayed so long in implementing it. I have outlined the best way to accomplish this, it is totally doable and your delay in doing so puts countless drivers safety at risk. 
Photo of Malia

Malia

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Some how this feature needs to be eliminated. I am in a call queue blast with about eight other sales agents on weekends and evenings, and 22 people during regular business hours. I always miss the call because of the time it takes to swipe my iPhone, press keypad, and then #1. I am losing money!  Is there any wireless headset compatible with RC which can be used to accept calls when I am not at my desktop? And is the iPhone the only one set up like this?  Malia
I agree this needs to have an option to disable the accept 1 option in a call que
Photo of Stuart Roberson

Stuart Roberson

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree, allow this feature to be disabled just as you can for calls from inside the system.  I asked support about this today and they say the only way around it is to not use the cue but if a cell phone is off the cell phone voice mail picks up, not viable option.
Photo of Susan Sanders

Susan Sanders

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When answering my phone; why do I need to press answer on the touch screen, inste....

When answering my phone; why do I need to press answer on the touch screen, instead of picking up my handset?
Photo of LimoMan

LimoMan

• 556 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Remove the "Press 1 to connect" in a call queue when picking up on cell phone.

We need an option to remove the press 1 from a call queue.  Need this ASAP!!!
Photo of Alicia Romero

Alicia Romero

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, we need this feature gone as well! We are group of 16 doctors and use ringcentral to route calls to the proper doc on call and are often driving for an emergency so cannot look down to press1! Please, please fix this.  We cannot configure it any other way so we have to use the Groups. Thanks!
Photo of David Blumhorst

David Blumhorst

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed. We are a small company and often either on the road or otherwise not in reach of our phone. We need to answer using our wireless headset, which means we can't always reach the phone to press 1. Hopefully they do something about this soon!
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The reason this is not capable with a call queue, is if the call is fwd to a users cell phone and if the "press 1 to connect" prompt is disabled, then the call will forward to the carrier of that users personal cell phone (and voicemail) and not get pulled back to the queue for the next agent or to leave a voicemail in the queue. 

The definition of a call queue is "a line."  
If this prompt was disabled, there would be no "line"...it would just fwd to the users cell phone and not roll to the next agent.  You can setup a Virtual User Extension for that situation if you'd like it to flow that way.
(Edited)
Photo of Eileen Streight

Eileen Streight

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
this does not work
Photo of Christopher Dean

Christopher Dean

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I don't like it but it makes sense for call queues or forwarding to a cell phone.  While an option to turn off wouldn't hurt I now see that you cannot do that if you want to the voicemail to be captured by ring central and not on the users cell phone. 
Photo of RingCentral Admin

RingCentral Admin

• 848 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
What is REALLY needed is voice response to the "Press 1 to accept this call".   With a voice response you could keep the concept of the queue and the person answering the call could choose to either accept it or let it go by saying "answer" or "one" or whatever.     I'm on the road all the time and answering a RC call is dangerous.   Voice response would solve it, or if I could learn how to whistle in dual tones I guess that would work too.
Photo of Bob Crocker

Bob Crocker

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
VOICE RESPONSE IS THE ANSWER.  When I first ran into this problem, I tried verbally telling the call "one" and "accept".  Of course it didn't work.  But IVR is a way to keep the calls in the queue and still be able to accept the call without wrecking your car.  IVR is a well established technology and should be easily integrated with RingCentral.
Photo of Anderson

Anderson

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The problem with the official answer (use a virtual line) is that they used to be free. And now Ringcentral charges for them. So for me to solve my particular problem I would need to pay another monthly fee for a line (the full $25, or $37 or whatever they are charging now, not just the $5.99 for the extra number).
Photo of LimoMan

LimoMan

Kim,
This is fine and I understand... But in certain cases we need the call released.  It should be an option.  Even if it is an option that support has to disable and control.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Then I recommend setting up a Virtual User Extension were the prompt can be disabled. 
Photo of LimoMan

LimoMan

Kim,
If it was that simple... Believe me I would have already done it.  It does not work.  I have spent over 3 hours on the phone with Ring Central Support and no one has been able to make it work yet.
Photo of Chris Patrick

Chris Patrick

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How exactly is that done? (Setting up a Virtual User Extension where the prompt can be disabled)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Chris,  You may want to contact your account manager.  This is a petty old thread and some of this info is outdated. We use to suggest virtual extensions for a variety of reasons, but they are no longer free after a certain number of calls so this could end up costing you additional dollars. Your account manager can discuss your personal situation with you.

Mike
Photo of Stuart Roberson

Stuart Roberson

LimoMan said it right.  We understand the repercussions. As long as we know the results, let us make the decision to turn it on or off.  It should be an option!
Photo of MCHUGH

MCHUGH

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree, this needs to be user choice.  Default to it "ON" and let us turn it off.  If you are concerned about liability simply have a message that the call is being released from ring central and if forwarded to a cellular phone charges may apply.  Anyone that wants this feature will click "OK"
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Please select the LIKE button in the upper right corner
Photo of Tammie Breon

Tammie Breon

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Has this happened yet? I understand all the repercussions so just let ME decide how I want the calls routed.  If it has not been, please implement this feature ASAP.

RingCentral Admin

I TOO ask that you let users decide.   I can put my status to DND in RC then turn my phone on Airplane mode and RC should have removed me from the queue and my phone won't ring and the integrity of the call queue is preserved.    I should also be able to set the number of rings or time before a call goes to RC voicemail.   This way it should never go to a person's personal voice mail because it won't ring that many times.

PLEASE GIVE US THIS FEATURE.   Stop making us pull out our phones while driving just to swipe and press a stupid number.

RingCentral Admin

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Diable press 1 on call queue calls.

When driving and working HANDS FREE it is impossible to answer a queue call without pulling out my phone and pressing 1 - at which time I have crashed my car or received a ticket for texting while driving.

IF I could speak to RC by saying "ONE" or "Answer" that would solve this problem completely.   I guess this is a new feature request....

Jim
Photo of KCC Admin

KCC Admin, Champion

I've been using a workaround that works for me.
I choose any user/extension that is part of the queue, add cell phone numbers to the section "Forward calls to".
I then choose "Create Ring Group" and select the numbers you want in the group.
When the group is created you can decide if you want calls sequential or simultaneously.
Go to the Incoming Call Information section and set up announcements when you get those forwarded calls so you know if the call is coming from work or it's just a personal call.
When this is all set up the way you like it you'll notice you don't have to press 1 to answer.
Good luck!
Photo of Zarios Hair Salon

Zarios Hair Salon

• 986 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I just tried this, but, either I did something wrong or I don't understand all the steps.
I added a new extension (105), added the phone numbers I want to ring. When I call 105 directly it rings without having to press 1. When I put 105 into the queue, it still makes them have to press 1 to answer.

What did I do wrong?
Photo of JnPerri

JnPerri

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How is this not a feature yet.  Please give us the option to disable the press 1 to answer feature on call queues. 
Photo of Christopher Dean

Christopher Dean

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The reason the press #1 is there is because without it your caller can get the voicemail of the forwarded phone and thus not go to the global ring central voicemail.  If all the phones involved are "yours" then that doesn't matter. For my call groups of sales agents I cannot have that.  What is needed is the ability to say "1" instead of pressing one when you are driving.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

I like the "voice response" idea.  I'm going to edit the title of this thread to add the VR ability. Maybe it will get more traction that way. 

Thanks for all the comments. 

Mike 

RingCentral Admin

Thanks Mike!   I suggest you change it a little more - put the Voice Response first.  Reading through the thread I think having just a voice response capability would solve the problem on both sides - RC and your customers.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Done! thanks.

RingCentral Admin

My point exactly from above.   We need voice response capability.   
Photo of TAYLOR

TAYLOR

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I also would love to remove the queue greeting message for extensions that are in call queues that are not RingCentral phones. I completely understand the need for it on mobile phones, but this should be an option to disable on specific extensions that have no voicemail, etc.
This is especially needed since we've been having issues where the call queue message won't recognize that we're pressing 1 to accept calls, causing a majority of our callers to be on hold while the system tries extensions until someone is successful at accepting the call. We've worked around the issue by using the extensions directly instead of the call queues, but this severely limits our ability to balance calls based on availability of different extensions.

Please, please, please add this feature. It makes no sense that it can be set for 'Never' on direct extensions calls if the reasoning is mobile voicemail and the like. The Call Handling settings are the same whether the call is sent to an extension directly or through the queue.
Photo of TAYLOR

TAYLOR

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Disable Call Queue Announcement for non-RingCentral Phones.

'Never' option under extension's Call Handling -> Incoming Call Information -> Play announcement before connecting -> Call Queue Calls

I would like the ability to disable this announcement on extensions that go to landline phones that do not have voicemail or any other automatic call handling features. I completely understand the need for it on mobile phones, but this should be an option that can be set on a per-extension basis by the system administrator. It would be useful to have the landlines ring until call queue timeout or pickup, but still require "press 1 to accept" message on extensions going to mobile phones to prevent voicemail answer from interrupting queue sequence.

This is especially needed since we've been having issues where the call queue message won't recognize that we're pressing 1 to accept calls. We pickup when queue call comes in, hear message and press 1, message repeats until queue call timeout and hangs up. Meanwhile caller is still on hold wondering why we don't answer the phone. We've worked around the issue by using the extensions directly instead of the call queues, but this severely limits our ability to balance calls based on availability of different extensions.
Reference support case number 05121547 for details of issues described above.

It makes no sense that there is a 'Never' option on direct extension calls but not queue calls if the reasoning is mobile voicemail. Call Handling settings apply in both cases (ie. direct extension calls can still end up at mobile carrier voicemail instead of RingCentral voicemail).
Photo of Brian McCafferty

Brian McCafferty

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That may seem logical, but if you are a queue member, and you have your desk phone as the primary, with a roll over to you cell, you are more than likely the recipient of last resort. However, having to unlock you phone and press one while driving is NOT HANDSFREE and thus ILLEGAL in most states. The most frustrating part is that my tech does not have to press one on his phone the get the call, and as far as I can tell, we are setup the same, both use android, and are on the same carrier.

POOR DESIGN considering the people that are most likely to use your product are mobile work force and virtual office customers.

My guess is that a good attorney could make a court case pinning the liability on Ring Central when there is a fatal accident caused by this restriction.

(Edited)

RingCentral Admin

Voice response technology has been around for years and this would completely solve the problem.   Why haven't you done this yet.   Honestly, you are putting the safety of your customers at risk to have to pull out their phone, unlock it and press one to answer a call.

RingCentral Admin

PLEASE - Give us the ability to accept the call using a voice prompt rather than pressing a number.  That way hands-free would work.   ALSO, BRING BACK the ability to APPEND the pressed extension to the CALLED NUMBER (not the CALLING NUMBER - that is of NO HELP.   That way I can set up a ring tone to know which extension the person pressed.    
Photo of Brian Sease

Brian Sease

3 years and no voice response option. Wonder how many accounts Ring Central has lost for failing to adopt this pretty standard feature? 

RingCentral Admin

Any suggestion on another solution?  I'm ready to jump ship.  -Jim
Photo of Brian Sease

Brian Sease

Check out Jive.... We are, but dont think this is a feature they have yet either.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,908 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Although the post you answered was two years old, as an informational item - Jive does not require pressing "1" to answer a queue call but they do not have a voice  response IVR.