When a call is forwarded to a smart phone after the desk phone did not pick up, then in order to accept the call you have to enter the phone password, then press 1 to accept the call.
Needless to say that if you are on the road driving, and you want to take the call, it's really not safe to go through these steps.
Is there any way to receive such calls as regular phone calls, so you can accept the call by just answering it ?
On the other hand, if a person is in a queue, and is supposed to answering on their mobile, shouldnt they be using the RC app? not their personal cell number? or am i missing something ?
I need to be able to accept a call without pressing 1 when using the call queue.
I would like to remove the "press 1" to accept on all que calls when forwarded to mobile device, Not really practical when taking calls whilst driving on handsfree"
- Account type: US
- Name of business: Premier Technology Group
- A high level description of the product or feature being requested:
- A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: It is more convenient answering the calls from a call queue by removing the announcement (Press 1 to continue). There are cases wherein you have to multitask before answering the calls.
- Benefit of such feature: Will be able to immediately respond to customer's call.
- Include any related case number if applicable: 06627421
- Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 9
Call Queue - No Dial in to Accept Call. With current call queue set up, we currently have to accept a call by dialing 1 before we can speak with the customer. Please bring back the automatic call acceptance for call queues.
Option to add "never" to an incoming call number from a call queue, this option is present only for direct calls at this time. Adding this option to call queue would allow hands free answering, at present, for calls from a call queue - one must press 1 to accept the call if forwarded to a mobile phone. Potentially dangerous while driving, it may also be illegal to operate a mobile device while driving in many states.
- Account type: Office Ultimate 2 - 99 lines
- A brief description of the business: not discussed
- A high level description of the product or feature being requested: customer just wants to be able to receive call queue calls using their mobile number, without the play announcement function.
- A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: for call from the call queue to be forwarded to the mobile number, without being held up/delayed, and for the call to connect.
- Benefit of such feature: it will avoid the issue sometimes experienced when the "press 1 to accept the call" function is enabled where it either rings, the agent picks up but gets dead air, without ever getting the announcement "press 1 to accept the call" or the phone doesn't ring at all.
- Include any related case number if applicable: 07327796
- Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 65 digital lines / 75 users
RingCentral just changed their phone system this month, so I am now forced to use Ring Groups now where I used to use dummy extensions to solve this problem and I need a solution ASAP.
I have a couple users in the field that are forced to use cell phones to answer calls from our new Ring Groups that we had to setup. You currently have an option to turn off the "Press 1 to accept call" on your extension, but not on a ring group call. This is a HUGE problem for any mobile user, because he physically has to go to his cell phone and press 1 to answer the call. If the user is driving (i.e. sales person) or has his hands full, he cannot use his hands free methods on his headset or vehicle to answer the call and start talking. This may not sound like a big deal to some, but it is against the law in Canada to touch your phone keypad while you are driving. It is all over the radio up here and I believe the current ticket ranges from $400-1000 depending how it is being enforced and how good you are at fighting tickets. And yes they are enforcing it up here, because you hear about it on the news all the time. There is a big push up here for hands free driving and it is a big enough deal that my business partner has already made the comment we might have to find a new phone system that does not have this restraint.
They really need at add this feature ASAP, because their current setup forces users to break the law in Canada. If RingCentral wants to stay compliant with the current laws in the countries it operates, this feature should be right at the top of the list.
If anyone has a workaround for this problem in the meantime, please share.
I use the "User Greeting" on my account, which comes into my cell phone. When I answer a call coming into my Ring Central, I hear, "You have a caller. Press 1 to connect your call." (or whatever the actual verbiage is, I hardly ever get past "You have a caller" and just press 1.)
My state just passed very strict hands-free cell phone laws. I can use 1 finger to answer an incoming cell call of a phone that is in a mount in my car. That's the easy part. Getting to where I can access the keypad to press 1 to answer an incoming RingCentral call is not easy at all.
Wondering if it's possible to use voice prompts "Say 1" rather than Press 1 to answer these calls? I don't get many calls while I'm driving, but there are times it would be nice to have this option.