Desktop App: hotkey for answering incoming calls

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Desktop App: hotkey to answer/hang up call

Incoming calls
Photo of Nisim Davydov

Nisim Davydov

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 28,806 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No - but a great suggestion.  Also, the 7.2.4 version of RC4W does provide more setting options related to incoming calls as they appear in the App.
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,170 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If you have the option ON in the settings, to bring the application to foreground, you can answer just pressing

This option is in the Calling section of the settings.
(Edited)

Claudio (Customer)

Danno, what are those more setting options that you mentioning ?
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

The one you posted and "on top of other windows" and "auto answer",
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

What I think Nisim Davydov is requesting is the request I get from some people.  Say you are in accounting but you also support sales when call volume is heavy or during lunch.  So your softphone rings, (say down in the task bar) and you click on it - see its for sales, and hit FF4 (example) to answer.  It coincides with the other requests where the softphone doesn't steal the screen. 

Claudio (Customer)

Use Alt+Tab to scroll through the open windows, select RingCentral app and then hit Enter ... I think it is easy and fast enough...
(Edited)
Photo of SamuraiSam

SamuraiSam

• 656 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
When you have over a dozen applications open some of which have 10 windows, it is not easy or fast to alt-tab to RingCentral when there used to be a hotkey to simply answer the phone.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.