Is there a park time aloted for Park Calls?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
When the call was receive  and the  receiver  park the call, how long the call will stay as parked? customer says that after   5 minutes or so call get disconnected when it was park.
Photo of Nicolo Luciano

Nicolo Luciano

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,588 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Park recall timer is 5 minutes.
Photo of Nicolo Luciano

Nicolo Luciano

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
okay good to know. I even search on the KB articles under the  FAQ of park calls but it was not mentioned about the Park recall timer. this is a good and very helpful answer. Thank you.
(Edited)
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 20,542 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'll just add that is possible to change this timer via a support request.  I suspect some day it may changeable by admins, but not at this time.
Photo of RodneyD

RodneyD

• 936 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Are you saying I can open a service request to change the Park call back timer from 5 minutes to a lower value? I was told by a sales rep that is not possible?
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 20,542 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yes, you can.  I know of at least one customer that has done that.
Photo of RodneyD

RodneyD

Thx I will call today to check on that. Must be a sales guy that doesn't know what he is selling. Oh well..
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 92,144 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Nicolo,  Thanks for this post.  I've requested to have this added to the Call Park FAQ KB article.  Call Park Frequently Asked Questions

RodneyD,   There are some very random things can sometimes be customized on the back end, and occasionally require a support case to be opened so that they can get to engineering.  There are a lot of pre-programmed settings that generally work for everyone, but in some cases users have unique needs. So, it never hurts to open a case and ask. 

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of RodneyD

RodneyD

Thanks MIke. I don't mean to be so negative. I really do like the Ring Central System.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Not a problem RodneyD. There are a lot of nuances so this community is a great place to get involved. As you can see, we have Brandon and a few other resellers that have been around a long time, and have a ton of personal knowledge, excellent work-arounds, etc. and share some great info.  So keep posting when you have questions. 

Thanks!

Mike 
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
i think being able to make this adjustment without having to phone in to have a tech handle it would be great, maybe make it another option under the park group programming somewhere, this way it could be set per park group at the customers desired hold time. 
Photo of RodneyD

RodneyD

That would be wonderful. Only other thing would be to be able to control when the parked call returns after the timeout period. In our retail environment we need it to ring a Call Queue with several phones. Currently it rings back to only the one phone that parked it.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,554 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
well let's say that part of this new idea should be the ability to make it either ring the extension that parked the call or be able to send that unanswered parked call to another extension of the programmers choosing, so say instead of re ringing that receptionist, you could make it ring a group of phones to ensure the call is answered in some fashion without the person waiting on hold. The only issue i could see people encountering is then, people would end up getting calls that they may not know have been on hold and the on hold party could end up getting transferred around and become agitated.  
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,514 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm not aware of any phone system (TDM or VoIP) that redirects Park Recall calls to another extension or group of extensions other than the one that initiated the park.  I guess you could write a code for an on-premise PBX to do it -
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

me either, but if its starting from scratch maybe it could happen hahah. otherwise making the timer shorter and reringing the extension doing the parking is the only option.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,514 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
And, depending on the environment, if the receptionist is the one Parking calls mostly, you could put her extension on a presence key on the other phones.  Unfortunately, all the phones would ring for even non-park calls
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

yeah you're right, you wouldn't want extra ringing on all phones, i'm sure there's a way to iron this down into a solid implementation.
Photo of Jeff Roth

Jeff Roth

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike, 

Are you aware of any plan to make a feature where you are able to send the parked call back to the extension that parked it, or perhaps to a call queue/extension?  

Thanks.  
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 12,644 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
i think we've pitched that as an idea and hopefully they're taking it into advisment, all we can do is get the votes up on this to raise awareness and want for the idea.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 89,376 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Jeff... sorry no, I'm not aware of any enhancements on the road-map. This is a but off topic from the main question so feel free to submit this as a new feature request if you wish. 
Photo of Shain

Shain

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Park on hold time.

I spoke with support today about park time. I would like to make it shorter for our receptionist. They told me that is not possible. As of right now if you put a customer on park and no one picks it up the call sits there for 5 minutes without notifying the receptionist.  That is way too long.
I get complaints daily on this issue.  
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 35,356 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Shain,

Please see Brandon's comment :)

I'll just add that is possible to change this timer via a support request. 
Photo of Shain

Shain

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I called support again and they told me the same thing. Cannot do it. Wish I had a better contact on this issue.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 35,356 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Shain,

I do apologize! I will be sure to provide some coaching on this matter. I will also email your account manager to let them know you want this to be decreased.