Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Matt

Matt, Employee

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello Blaisdell!

There is unfortunately no way to have multiple people monitoring the same user at the same time. In case you haven't tried it, you'll get an error when you try to begin monitoring with the second device. You could turn on automatic call recording, which would allow the second person to review the call later. To do so you'll need to have a Premium or Enterprise (Ultimate) account with us.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Matt

Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

Matt,

That doesn't work for a solution our team will have multiple user jump on the call. We use this s we can escalate the call to sell the deal. Our previous phone service this was available.

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 64,648 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Blaisdell,

I would suggest speaking with your Account Manager for a solution that would best suit your particular needs. We may be able to provide you a work around depending upon a few things. In the meantime, I'm going to flip this to a feature request for other members to vote on.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

i have spoke to our account manager and was told there's not a solution.

Hopefully RingCentral can implement, since our previous vendor had that option. 
Photo of Matt Elling

Matt Elling

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Everyone would benefit from this feature.  
Photo of Matt Capitao

Matt Capitao

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was told by my sales rep that multiple monitoring was available. Has this been added or was i mislead?
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 62,226 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Matt, I'm not aware of this feature being on the roadmap :(
Photo of Matt Capitao

Matt Capitao

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I must say this is disappointing. I asked whether you could monitor and record at the same time, and the sales rep said "yes, and not only that but you can have as many lines monitoring as you want" Why would he say that? 
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

I haven't heard of an update as of yet.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

Why is this not an option? Other phone providers that have less to offer than Ringcentral has this option. I don't understand how this isn't a feature on the roadmap.
Photo of Brett Crowther

Brett Crowther

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I went to do this today. I just assumed it would be possible, because why on earth wouldn't it be? Makes no sense to have a restriction on the number of people who can monitor.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

Brett, you're absolutely correct.
Photo of Donahue

Donahue

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Monitoring for Multiple Users.

I think that RingCentral should allow multiple users to monitor the same call.  At my company, when somebody is discussing a new job with a client, we want everybody who is going to be involved with that project to listen in on the call.  RC's inability to support multiple users is a major hindrance to us getting everybody on the same page, and I think it would be best if you explore solutions for this. 
Photo of Ray Reynolds

Ray Reynolds

• 62 Points
Absolutely, we need to be able to have the new people monitor a call for training purposes. One phone monitoring does not cut it. 

Please add this feature so I don't have to go elsewhere.