Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

• 442 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Matt

Matt, Employee

• 562 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello Blaisdell!

There is unfortunately no way to have multiple people monitoring the same user at the same time. In case you haven't tried it, you'll get an error when you try to begin monitoring with the second device. You could turn on automatic call recording, which would allow the second person to review the call later. To do so you'll need to have a Premium or Enterprise (Ultimate) account with us.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Matt

Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

Matt,

That doesn't work for a solution our team will have multiple user jump on the call. We use this s we can escalate the call to sell the deal. Our previous phone service this was available.

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,700 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Blaisdell,

I would suggest speaking with your Account Manager for a solution that would best suit your particular needs. We may be able to provide you a work around depending upon a few things. In the meantime, I'm going to flip this to a feature request for other members to vote on.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

i have spoke to our account manager and was told there's not a solution.

Hopefully RingCentral can implement, since our previous vendor had that option. 
Photo of Matt Elling

Matt Elling

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Everyone would benefit from this feature.  
Photo of Matt Capitao

Matt Capitao

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I was told by my sales rep that multiple monitoring was available. Has this been added or was i mislead?

• 65,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Matt, I'm not aware of this feature being on the roadmap :(
Photo of Matt Capitao

Matt Capitao

I must say this is disappointing. I asked whether you could monitor and record at the same time, and the sales rep said "yes, and not only that but you can have as many lines monitoring as you want" Why would he say that? 
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

I haven't heard of an update as of yet.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

Why is this not an option? Other phone providers that have less to offer than Ringcentral has this option. I don't understand how this isn't a feature on the roadmap.
Photo of Brett Crowther

Brett Crowther

• 338 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I went to do this today. I just assumed it would be possible, because why on earth wouldn't it be? Makes no sense to have a restriction on the number of people who can monitor.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Brett, you're absolutely correct.
Photo of Donahue

Donahue

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Monitoring for Multiple Users.

I think that RingCentral should allow multiple users to monitor the same call.  At my company, when somebody is discussing a new job with a client, we want everybody who is going to be involved with that project to listen in on the call.  RC's inability to support multiple users is a major hindrance to us getting everybody on the same page, and I think it would be best if you explore solutions for this. 
Photo of Ray Reynolds

Ray Reynolds

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Absolutely, we need to be able to have the new people monitor a call for training purposes. One phone monitoring does not cut it. 

Please add this feature so I don't have to go elsewhere.
Photo of Christa Dunn

Christa Dunn

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Seeing as people have been asking for this feature for many years now, it would definitely be in RC best interest to seriously look into this request. I can't imagine that it would be a hard thing to implement seeing as so many other phone companies have been do this for years. This request shouldn't be breezed over.

Can someone please give an update as to where this request is in the pipeline to deployment? Thank you!

• 65,770 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Christa, this is not on the roadmap at the moment
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

why not??? it's a simple request and phone providers that don't offer as much as RingCentral have it available.
So, why not?
Photo of Christa Dunn

Christa Dunn

How do we get it on the road map? The conversation keeps ending here with no solution.

• 65,770 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Christa,

I share these requests with our Product Team on a regular basis. We receive hundreds of requests per month, so votes help and also providing detailed use-case scenarios about how it would impact you and your business. 

We can't ever guarantee that a feature request will come to fruition but we do read them and keep it in mind.
Photo of Matt Capitao

Matt Capitao

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Sounds like perhaps we need to initiate a social media campaign driving users to this page to vote. or do better research before contracts expire so we can find a provider who does have this as an existing feature.
(Edited)
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

I would like an update on this as well.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 21,578 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

2019-10-03 For clarification, we read the original request was for Monitoring of an extension by several folks simultaneously, not necessarily "Participating after the call was answered" --- midway through the message thread,  other folks added their requirements, such as Recording and Multiple Participants.

To comment on the original Monitor request:

This option is available and has been available since at least 2016 when we purchased our RingCentral account, using Presence.  

We have 28 different geographical sites, each with a "front office" with multiple secretaries at each site, all provisioned to be able to monitor the lines of,  and answer their Director's calls and call activity.  

This is available via your Customer Success Manager or Account Representative.

For this to be enabled.  the source line to  be monitored must grant "access" to view their activity by logging into Service Web and adding the specific permitted users to be allowed to monitor their line.

Then on the people who are assigned as permitted monitors,  their line adds Presence permission to their device.

Join our unofficial RingCentral Admins User Group
http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/index.html

Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

Cecile Glassy You’re incorrect, multiple people can’t barge a caller and listen in.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

You’re incorrect, multiple people can’t barge a caller and listen in.

Photo of Christa Dunn

Christa Dunn

Hi Cecile,

I still don't believe you understand the request. Or maybe I don't understand the explanation. What we are asking for is the ability of multiple people to perform the call monitoring features (barge, take over, whisper, silent) on a single call that is in progress on another user's line. 
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

Correct, our old phone system multiple people would be able to barge, whisper, and be silent on a call. This helps when you have a TO policy as we do and sometimes the floor lead jumps in and then thier manager. So you would be able to TO to multiple people on the same call without pass off headsets. Also for training you can have your entire team jump on one call without conferencing. hope this bring some understanding.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

Correct, our old phone system multiple people would be able to barge, whisper, and be silent on a call. This helps when you have a TO policy as we do and sometimes the floor lead jumps in and then thier manager. So you would be able to TO to multiple people on the same call without pass off headsets. Also for training you can have your entire team jump on one call without conferencing. hope this bring some understanding.

Photo of Matt Capitao

Matt Capitao

What do we as users need to do to get this "on the roadmap"? As someone who was told this was an existing feature, I have a significant interest in seeing this become available prior to the end of our contracted term.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

i've started this thread 2 years ago and it's not on thier roadmap. 
Photo of Matt Capitao

Matt Capitao

I can only guess that they way they handle call routing makes this a major technical challenge. Otherwise it would only make sense for this to have been done long ago.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

this lat phone provider we used had this ability, not sure why they can't.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

*the last
Photo of Donahue

Donahue

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My firm was also under the impression that this was an existing feature when we signed on.  I'm hoping the flurry of recent activity on this thread might help put it on their radar.
Photo of Blaisdell

Blaisdell

Same here