Is there currently no way to flip a call from one device to another without placing the other party on hold (with music)?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Is there currently no way to flip a call from one device to another without placing the other party on hold (with music)?

I take part in conference calls multiple times a day and often have to switch devices so I can be on the move or at my desk. I have not found any way to Flip a call to another device without sending hold music through the conference call. This pretty much entirely prevents me from being able to use RingCentral at all. It's become much less of a hassle to take all calls from my cell phone instead.
Photo of Matt Shank

Matt Shank

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated.

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

• 878 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Did you check your 'flip' settings; default I believe *2; go to the user>Call Handling & Forwarding>Settings> FLIP

Photo of Matt Shank

Matt Shank

Yep. It's all set up correctly. But when I press *1 to transfer from mobile to my desk phone, the hold music plays until I pick up the flipped call and hang up on mobile. And vice versa.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 62,266 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Matt, have you looked into Call Switch? I'm not sure if you use the desktop & mobile apps, but this tool is pretty nifty!
Photo of Matt Shank

Matt Shank

Unfortunately, I must flip calls from the desk phone and mobile app. I often have to change networks on my computer while on conference calls, so there is no steady internet connectivity, and we currently use Jabra headsets hooked to our desk phones.
Photo of Bruno

Bruno

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Matt, we ran into the same issue.  Your only option is to globally disable the hold music for your user.  I'd agree it's annoying because for some situations (like a regular hold) that would be useful.

We disabled the hold music globally, because the hold music would also play if you're on a Ring Central meeting and place the call on hold.

Bruno
Photo of ios man

ios man

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Written very well, Really like your blog.