Please provide a way to change the on-hold music in the conference calling feature?

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Hold Music: Add more hold music options

The music on-hold during a conference call is really bad. Is there a way to change that or use custom onhold for the conference calling feature?
Photo of Jeff Auerbach

Jeff Auerbach

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of David D Martin

David D Martin

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I contacted RingCentral support and there is no way to change the conference music. Hopefully other people will +1 this topic and they will add that feature.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I will change this to an "Idea" for the product team's consideration. I agree that the music is terrible.
Photo of Melissa Gross

Melissa Gross

• 68 Points
Agreed - we need more choices for that annoying muzak! Thanks!
Photo of Amanda George

Amanda George

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I hope this happens soon.  It is really horrendous.
Photo of brianedow

brianedow

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
You should be able to, just like you can change the hold music for the ext itself.   
Photo of David Birmingham

David Birmingham

• 60 Points

Is there  a way to just turn it off?

Photo of Jay Martin

Jay Martin

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The status on this post states that this capability has been "Implemented", is this true? If so, where can I find the instructions for changing the annoying music?
Photo of Felicia Greenbaum

Felicia Greenbaum

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agree with Jay - I'd like to know how to change it as well now that it's been "implemented".
Photo of Tony Pires

Tony Pires

• 390 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Would like to know how to access this implemented feature too.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,438 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, folks.  It looks like this one was incorrectly marked "implemented". There is currently not a way to turn off the conference call hold music. I'll change the status back so that it gets reviewed by our Product Team again.
Photo of Dan Buan

Dan Buan

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would like to put in my vote to change the music or at minimum be able to turn it off.  It does not reflect the company's image.  Can we get an idea if this will be implemented and when?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Dan,  Sorry not ETA on this, but I"m currently working with our Product Team to figure out a method for providing more regular updates.  So, hopefully within the next few weeks you'll see more current status updates. 

Mike 
Photo of Chris Reynolds

Chris Reynolds

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I agree, I use my conference line every day... and unfortunately have this annoying song memorized -_-!

I would love to choose custom audio just like I can on my main number hold music. Thanks!
Photo of John Hayden

John Hayden

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make this a priority. It is embarrassing to get clients on conference calls and have tolerate a NO CONTROL situation with the music while waiting for other participants. With all the flexibility that you have to program music options for users, the conference call music should be adjustable similarly. Why is this so difficult and gets NO PRIORITY from the development team.. We are asking you for something that should be relatively simple to solve a REALLY ANNOYING PROBLEM. Please update with status!!!!
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 13,960 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This could be a challenge for the Engineering team... (in terms of developing time), for now, as a temporary solution, they could make a batch/script to change the .wav or .mp3 (or the ringtone related) for a different one every day...
Photo of David

David

• 60 Points
Claudio,  How could this be a challenge for the engineering team?  The conference line seems like another user and you can change the music for all other users.  From our, the user base,  perspective this seems like an easy fix.  So many users have complained about this it seems we deserve a better explanation that just it would be a challenge for the engineering team.
Photo of Tony Pires

Tony Pires

Agree with all the complaints on the music. We've been asking our account rep for this change and an update on it. What I've noticed on some other conference bridges is instead of music, they play a tone every 10 seconds to let you know you're still on the line.
Photo of Dan Buan

Dan Buan

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Given that we are having other problems with the conference lines, I am contemplating using the various other competing, free, conference services instead of using the RingCentral one.
Photo of Sonia Singh

Sonia Singh, Official Rep

• 1,080 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Folks, we do not have the ability to customize the music you hear on the Conference bridge but we do have the ability to silence it.  Just enter the following on your phone

*#903#
Photo of Tony Pires

Tony Pires

That's fine however its a temporary solution. You have to put that code in at the start of every conference call.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Tony,  We'll leave this thread up as an idea/feature request.  I'm sure others agree it would be nice for the meeting host to have some sort of default setting that allows them to change, or turn off the music. 
Photo of Tony Pires

Tony Pires

Sounds good, thanks.
Photo of Rafe Needleman

Rafe Needleman

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
New to RingCentral. Nice features, except for that blasted conference call hold music. I have long been a very vocal proponent of allowing conf call users to change or silence hold music. I personally find hold music disruptive and distracting while I'm waiting or a conf call to start. I could use that time to focus on email or other work, but it's hard to do so when bad music is blasting in your ear. 

If you want inspiration for how to do this right, check out UberConference! 

Please let us SILENCE our conf call waiting music, or at least replace it with something less annoying. Thanks!

Claudio (Customer)

Yes! I bet should be very easy with a couple of commands from the dial pad (please do not force us to open the setup at the portal), sometimes we just have the conference phone on the table.
Let's go programmers!
Photo of Jordan Hochstrasser

Jordan Hochstrasser

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed. This should be a priority. Everyone in my office uses RingCentral for conference call and everyone complains about the hold music while waiting for the call to begin.
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
plus 1.

-and also change the voice of the first operator that says "Welcome to Ring  Central Conferencing", her voice is fine but her tone is nearly "snearing", nothing against that lady, have her do a re-take.

-It is actually embarrassing to use and a number of attendees from outside our office have remarked about it. Not a good way to kick off a conference call.
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I think if the ring central developers started a ring central meeting a 4-5 times a day for one freaking week they would start rotating the music on hold.

From the hosts perspective, if you're a salesperson you sometimes get stood up, left waiting on hold wondering if the prospect is ever going to show. Did you fail to get them to dial in, or did they get there first, hear the music and decide they would rather leave for a vacation in a Turkish prison?

Perhaps Ring Central knows better than we do. The bad music is a negative incentive to get sales people to show up early to meetings so their prospects don't hear it and run.

Photo of Hans Reisgies

Hans Reisgies

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
PLEASE allow users to change the conference bridge music! Many of our staff are on conference calls all day and hearing the same guitar riff is driving us crazy.  We turn down the volume to spare us the 100th rendition of your conference bridge music, then miss the audio prompts when other parties join the line.

Consider allowing the conference bridge music to be set to the audio choices for the individual Line Hold music, or allow us to upload our own choices, or give the option of a beep every 15 seconds or so.

Claudio (Customer)

I agree with you, for now we do not have the ability to customize the music you hear on the Conference, but we could silence it entering the following code on your phone:

*#903#
Photo of Jordan Hochstrasser

Jordan Hochstrasser

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Claudio - This doesn't help for occasions when you are late for the call and it's a client or customer that has to listen to the music since they are hold.

In addition, it's a little bit of a nuisance to have to enter that every time. It is good to at least have some quick fix, but they still need to work on fixing the whole thing.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.