Is there any way to get a local area code for conference calls?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

The area code in the automatically generated conference dial-in number is (760) - located in California. Our area code for our office telephone number is (908) - located in New Jersey. Is there a way to get a more local dial-in number?
Photo of Edward

Edward

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,230 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Edward,

I'm sorry but there is no way to get one right now.

However, a few other users have requested this so I've updated the request to our Product Team.

Community - If you'd like to see this, please +1!

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Daniel Jalil

Daniel Jalil

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We need 800 numbers for the conference bridge dial-in numbers!
Photo of Clint Miller

Clint Miller

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello Edward,

The way I accomplished this is we set up a 800 number on our account then made a user called conference call system. I then used that number as the direct dial for that user.

Under call handling and forwarding you enter the ring centrals conference call in number so that any anyone who calls your toll-free number is then forwarded to ring central's conference number, also anyone from inside your network who is using a ring central phone who dials the extension is also forwarded to the same system.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi, I can't seem to get the created extension to ring the conference line. It reverts to the voicemail.
Photo of Clint Miller

Clint Miller

Phone system> Call Handling & Forwarding > Enter (760) 569-7171 or whatever your confrence # is.

Then change Ring for to 15 rings

Select Incoming call information change Direct calls to Never and save all changes.

That should do the trick.
Photo of Troy Pickett

Troy Pickett

• 410 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have confirmed Clint's method. The incoming call information setting is for "Play announcement before connecting" set to never. The default setting seem to be okay otherwise.
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 60 Points
If we use this method, does that use up the toll free minutes for the entire conference call or just the time for making the call and then it stops when it transfer to the other phone number (user)?
Photo of Clint Miller

Clint Miller

From what ive seen It uses your toll free minutes for everyone that calls the toll free number for the duration of the call.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.