Is there a way of "labeling" incoming and/or outgoing calls?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

Is it possible to mark or label certain incoming/outgoing calls in a way that shows up in our ring central data?

I work at a tutoring company and would like to "label" certain types of calls (we're interested in the number of sales calls we get on a day-to-day basis). I am looking for a way to do this in a manner that would appear in our ring central data.

E.g.: When a prospective client calls our company, whoever picks up the call may hit a number on the dial pad and that call will have a special mark in our ring central logs. This would make sorting through the data possible (right now we have no way to differentiate between different types of calls). Thank you!
Photo of NickS

NickS

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,748 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nick, I would suggest a front end greeting that asks people to hit 1 for sales and this would then go to a specific extension. You could then sort your data based on that extension.

there may be some other factors depending on the number of lines you have and how your other call flow is but there is a way to get this they way you want.

Contact me directly and we could work out some logic to meet the needs

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,748 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nick, I would suggest a front end greeting that asks people to hit 1 for sales and this would then go to a specific extension. You could then sort your data based on that extension.

there may be some other factors depending on the number of lines you have and how your other call flow is but there is a way to get this they way you want.

Contact me directly and we could work out some logic to meet the needs

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Chuck's suggestion is good - just create different extensions for different "labels" (as you put it). Most Office plans offer unlimited extensions, so this shouldn't be too hard to do.
Photo of Pete Patel

Pete Patel

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am looking for labeling my incoming calls with tailing numbers, BUT with called number instead of caller ID.
In other words, if  my number is 770-932-0909 and the caller chooses option 1
I want my phone to show 77093209091 - this way I don't have to pickup and choose option 1 or 2 after the mailbox announcement.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.