Is there a way to import contacts to a Polycom VVX310?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

I have a list of contacts set up on Ringcentral's website.

From my phone (Polycom VVX310) I only have "no records" in my phone's contact directory (Home > Directories > 1. Contact Directory...).

I have the ability to add contacts (one at a time manually using the phone buttons) but that is a daunting task.

I want to know if it is possible to synchronize my Ringcentral contacts with my phone's contact directory. Alternately, is there a way to upload a contacts file to the phone so it has my list of contacts.
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Eric

Eric

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I also have been looking for a way to do this.

Unfortunately I have been told by RingCentral that it is not possible with their system.

I have also down loaded the Polycom owner/user manual and it also does not have way to do this.

The only thing i have found is that from a call list you can save, placed or received calls to the contact list but you still have to type in all the information about the name and such.

Not very convenient to say the least.

Sorry I could not be of more help
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Guys, I was researching this just from the Polycom side and there is NO way even out side of Ring Central to get the contact populated from a source other than typing it in or saving the info from a recent call.

Polycom does offer a corporate directory using LDAP and I guess that is their answer.

this way Phones are not clogged with contact information maybe?

Also the information is updated in one source.

If you have a Windows server in your environment you could use LDAP to get to the information and display on the phones

Hope this helps

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Justin Smith

Justin Smith

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Chuck:

Is this also the case with the VX410s? We have 77 users. Our previous provider had the directory downloaded to the phones automatically and it was a very extensively used system.

If this is the case is there docuementation on how to do this through LDAP?

Justin

Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for investigating, Chuck. Sorry there isn't a better option for loading contact details onto desk phones.
Photo of Ernest Marquez

Ernest Marquez

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just so I understand, when I see my Call Log when logged into your website and add a Contact there, it will only show up on my soft phone and not my desk phone? And I can only add contacts to my desk phone from the keypad and that contact is not shared with any other desk phone in my office? (I have only had this system installed for a few days and am still learning). If that is true, it is a huge problem that needs to be solved soon.

And I just checked. RingCentral would charge me $100/month for inbound Caller ID. That is exorbitant.

There needs to be a solution for this.

Ernest

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.