Increase the amount of allowed users for email to fax service

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Five allowed senders is a bit low for an average company. Is there possibly a plan that allows more? I wouldn't mind paying more if needed for this functionality.
Photo of Bob Fellows

Bob Fellows

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,230 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bob,

Unfortunately, have no workaround for it right now. :( But, it's needed.

I've submitted this to our Product Team.

Community - Please +1 this to help make it happen!

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Lee Schiebel

Lee Schiebel

• 72 Points
I don't understand the 5 person limit. We are an office with about 60 staff, all of whom need to fax from time to time.
I asked your Sales team (Reggie) before signing up for the trial if there as a limit on the number of users that can send faxes by email, and he said no.

So I sign up for the trial and find I an only list 5 of our users.

The service would have been nice, but unfortunately we'll be cancelling our trial and going with someone else. This seems to be an artificial limit put in by RingCentral for some reason I can't understand.

It seems there used to be an unlimited number as I have a friend who has a list with a few dozen people listed, but they can no longer add more.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,240 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Lee, I think there is a miss understanding.

What plan are you on?

Each user in the office plan for example has their own fax .

I would like to talk to you about your options

Contact me directly

ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Certified Ring Central Installer
630-975-1200

Thanks
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,240 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Lee, I think there is a miss understanding.

What plan are you on?

Each user in the office plan for example has their own fax .

I would like to talk to you about your options

Contact me directly

ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Certified Ring Central Installer
630-975-1200

Thanks
Photo of Lee Schiebel

Lee Schiebel

• 72 Points
I had signed up for the trial of the fax 500.
I don't need 60 different phone#'s to receive faxes on, we just use 1 fax# for the office to send/receive.
I need any of the 60 employees to be able to send a fax from email.

I'll email you.
Photo of Steve Jones

Steve Jones

• 62 Points
The limit is artificial. When we signed up, we were able to put 30 or 40 authorized senders in the list. At some point, the web interface underwent an upgrade, and the option was limited to 5.

I can delete members, but will be unable to add any more until we get the list down to 5.

I've opened multiple support cases on this exact topic, all of which have gone unresolved for more than a year.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Good news all - this has been in the works for a while and will roll out with our next platform update, hopefully by midyear. Not sure yet how many extra email addresses can be added, but we will find out.
Photo of Jim Russo

Jim Russo

• 72 Points
I have the same problem. I need about 20 emails in the list. I was also told by support that this could be done. I think the rep said something about adding another number to my account for 5 additional emails. He said there was no charge for this. I am also using a trial version and can't select that option without upgrading. Is that an option?
Photo of Jim Russo

Jim Russo

• 72 Points
I have the same problem. I need about 20 emails in the list. I was also told by support that this could be done. I think the rep said something about adding another number to my account for 5 additional emails. He said there was no charge for this. I am also using a trial version and can't select that option without upgrading. Is that an option?
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Looks like the plan is to change the limit from 5 to 25 per extension. 
Photo of Sonia Singh

Sonia Singh, Official Rep

• 1,080 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We now allow up to 25 trusted email addresses for the email-to-fax service.
Photo of Alex Munoz

Alex Munoz

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I was able to add up to 50 people per account and now I deleted some and can't add anymore.  Was told the limit is 25.  Can we put this back to at least the 50 users and if we want to add more we can purchase or something.  this is really screwed up as I may to look elsewhere to get this functionality if I can't get this work.  I have at least 20 accounts but would hate to change but don't mind doing so if I can get what I need somewhere else.
Photo of Elder Law

Elder Law

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How many users can send faxes using email?.

I am currently only able to add 5 people to the list of those permitted to send faxes through their email, but I need to add more. How can I do that? I currently have the Fax 700 plan.