Isolate Calls from a Single Queue

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
Struggling with this.  Our Compliance team has a hotline that they answer from 7 to 7 Monday through Friday.  Outside of this, calls need to be directed to our overnight Triage team.  This team answers a number of calls from 2 other call queues.  The calls to the Compliance hotline needs to be differentiated because of how the call needs to be answered.  I know that I can activate the setting on the extensions to let the user know the call queue they are answering.  I don't wish to activate this because the Compliance calls will be outnumbered 1000 to 1.

So, I setup a phantom extension and added the phones of the Triage team to this extension.  Then I activated that setting for call queue announcement.  Unfortunately, that did not work.  I'm guessing because the phones are not tied to the extension, only receive a call forwarded from the extension.

Could anyone provide an idea to allow our Triage team to know when they are answering a Compliance hotline call without informing them of the other queue calls they receive?
Photo of Matt Dillman

Matt Dillman

• 476 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Jessica - Community Support

Jessica - Community Support, Official Rep

• 450 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Matt, 

Sorry, but at this time the whisper setting, which allows for the announcement of what queue the call is coming from, is an all or nothing setting and wouldn't quite work for your situation. If you haven't heard, we are looking at making improvements to our Call Queues next year. Please keep an eye out to see if these new features can meet all of your Call Queue needs!