This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: User Settings: Disable call waiting while on a call.
- Account type- UK - Premium Edition
- A brief description of the business- IT & Finance support for global security firm
- A high level description of the product or feature being requested-
We are seeing issues with RC users where they are getting calls still coming through to them when they are already on a call. The hunt / ring groups setup appear to work as expected as the notification of a new call and ringing doesn't occur with another hunt group call, but it does when they are direct dialed either by another RingCentral user internally or from an external caller. Issue appears to be similar to this- https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/call-hunt-group-users-should-be-automatically-m...
- We would request for a user to be marked as busy if they are on a call regardless of where the new incoming call is being routed from. The new call should then be auto-forwarded to voicemail or as per the auto-forwarding rules setup on the user's line, e.g. to another user or phone. This would allow people calling an RC user directly to be routed to the wider team to speak to someone where a forwarding to a ring-group was in place.
- People calling an RC users extension direct would get a response if the user is already on a call, rather than it ringing out on them or having to wait for the call to ring before routing to leave a message. More calls could be taken and shared across a team rather than voicemails being left on specific RC user's extensions.
- Number of Users and/or Digital Lines - Mulitple contracts with combined 300-350 users total.