Support Jabra Suite and Jabra Headsets

• Idea
  • Updated 7 days ago
  • (Edited)
Can we please get integration with the Jabra Suite (as a soft phone) so we can support the physical buttons on the headsets for call hang up / mute / busy light. I am speaking specifically to the Jabra Evolve line of headsets.
Photo of Jason McKinney

Jason McKinney

• 1,150 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've confirmed that Jabra Suite integration is not yet on the road-map for the RingCentral Desktop app.  Foreveryone interested, please continue to vote and comment on this thread.

Mike
Photo of Jeff Cecchini

Jeff Cecchini

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike, That's very disappointing news. RingCentral's stellar VOIP offering with a really great included soft phone, and Jabra's exceptional professional headset line, it's such a huge disconnect that the headset cannot answer and hang up calls with the soft phone. Professionals use headsets and RingCentral; let's get it to work all the way!
Photo of Ron Kanter

Ron Kanter

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have to agree.  Most of the RCs competition seems to support Jabra.  RC really needs to add this feature.
Photo of Adam Dixon

Adam Dixon

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Mike, I'm highly disappointed. RingCentral, while offering cloud VoIP services that are advertised as professional and enterprise, needs to come up to the times.

You mentioned 6 months ago that "this is something they are working on." 2 months later you state that it's not on the roadmap. The disconnect with common expectations continues throughout the support lifecycle. The ability to program a simple "pause" in the phonebook is something that took multiple days to communicate with the ultimate resolution as "it's being worked on."

Please continue to advocate for Jabra integration. We are using the Jabra Evolve 75 headsets designed for Open Office environments.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Adam,  I apologize and I do understand how frustrating this is for some users. Unfortunately, we literally have a backlog with hundreds of feature requests.  Our Product Team has a fairly aggressive update schedule and we have historically (and consistently) pushed out product updates every 2-4 months constantly adding features and trying to improve functionality on our Desktop apps, Mobile apps, etc.   I really wish I could give you some specific information but I still don't have any indication of this being on a planned release. 

Mike 
Photo of Ron Kanter

Ron Kanter

I have to agree with the frustration.  We have had RC for almost two year and I and others have requested this in the past.
Photo of Jason Alexander

Jason Alexander

• 62 Points
Yeah, after seeing the thread here, I had to invest thousands to re-tool our call center. It's unfortunate that this doesn't get the attention it deserves.
Photo of Douglas Kaufman

Douglas Kaufman

• 62 Points
Very furstrated by th elack of noise canceling on my Jabra 9470. Just now trying to connect jabra Speak 510 and not finding an easy way to do this. Frustrating. to say the least.
Photo of Mechelle Timmons

Mechelle Timmons

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Need integration with Jabra headsets.  Just recently moved over to Ring Central and shocked that such a highly rated soft phone doesn't integrate with professional headsets. Shame, shame, shame...  
Photo of Ben Wilkins

Ben Wilkins

• 62 Points
I'm using the Jabra 150 MS headset. As others have mentioned I can hear & speak via the headset, but the pick-up & mute buttons do not work. The volume buttons do work.
Photo of POBST

POBST

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm just waiting on the days until the RC contract is up so that we can switch. RC has some features that our old carrier did not, but is also lacking just as many and costs twice as much. 
Photo of Cindy Banta

Cindy Banta

• 60 Points
Have a Jabra Pro 9450 - Really frustrating that the buttons don't work.
Photo of Jonathan Matthews

Jonathan Matthews

• 66 Points
We also just got Jabra evolve 75 headsets in our office, also frustrated that RC doesn't support this hardware.  The noise cancellation and quality of these headsets is top notch, I would really like to see support for the answer button put on the roadmap. 
Photo of Logan Whiteway

Logan Whiteway

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are currently testing RC and have the Jabra Pro 930s from our previous VoIP setup. I am disappointed that RC does not support the Jabra hardware. Very frustrating that we can't answer and end calls with the buttons on the headset.

Hopefully there are enough clients requesting Jabra support to get RC Devs working on Jabra integration.
Photo of Jeff Stucki

Jeff Stucki

• 328 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hopefully there are enough clients requesting Jabra support to get RC Devs working on Jabra integration.
One would think so. However, from a quick glance of the post dates in this thread that apparently is not happening. I gave up waiting and switched the office to Plantronics because I was tired of running to my desk to answer a wireless headset. Now all our Jabras just sit here unused. Such a waste.
Photo of Helen Aponte

Helen Aponte

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi, our company just got RingCentral. I am a Help Desk member and as many of you, had the issue of not being able to answer calls using the button in the Jabra headsets. My Jabra headset is still hooked to the desktop phone that has been configured with RingCentral.  Well, I found a remedy that allows me to answer phone calls by pressing the button in my headset!!!!

I went to the RingCentral Web page, selected Settings>Calls Handling & Forwarding and changed the number or rings to 0. This allowed me to get the calls.

I hope this help as a "quick fix/remedy". However, I also think that RingCentral should configured the softphone to allow Jabra headset button to answer the calls.

Have a blessed day!
Photo of Howell

Howell

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We use many of the Jabra 9450 headsets with VVX-410/411 and don't have any problems. Be sure to do this on your phone: To select a headset that supports electronic hookswitch: 1. Press 2. Select Settings > Basic > Preferences > Headset > Hookswitch Mode.
Photo of Ron Kanter

Ron Kanter

The issue is compatibility with the soft phone app not the physical phone.
Photo of Tom Mairs

Tom Mairs

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
^ That
Photo of Tom Mairs

Tom Mairs

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We have been waiting 3 years for a fix. THREE YEARS!!!!
Photo of Minsan Sauers

Minsan Sauers

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Extremely disappointed that RingCentral does not support the very common and standard Jabra Pro 900 series. It's also very disheartening to see that people have been asking for this for 3 years with no satisfaction from RingCentral.
Photo of Sherri Rodriguez

Sherri Rodriguez

• 558 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Is there any update here on being able to answer and end calls with the buttons on the headset using a Jabra headset and the RC Phone App?  Most of our users do not have desktop phones, so the above mentioned work arounds would not be an option. 
Photo of Minsan Sauers

Minsan Sauers

Hi Sherri,
no, I ran into a dead end trying to get the Jabras to work with RingCentral. We tested out a Plantronics Savi 700 which seems to be working perfectly, but they are around $200 so could be quite costly depending on the size of your landscape.

Another option is that we had used Counterpath Bria 5 prior to RingCentral, and it works fine with the Jabra headsets. You can configure Bria as a SIP phone on RingCentral very easily and it only costs about $50 per license (sometimes less if you catch them on sale).

Sherri Rodriguez

Thanks.  We have run in to an issue with using the Plantronics Savi Series.  We experience a robotic call quality when the toggle switch is on for the App integration with the headsets, so we are looking for a replacement for the Savi 700s that won't cause that issue but that will still be able to answer and hang up calls from the headset like the Savi.  So, the price isn't the main factor here.  We just want an integration option that gives better quality calls. 
Photo of Minsan Sauers

Minsan Sauers

Interesting, is that App Integration toggle in the Plantronics Hub software, or on RingCentral? I'll want to test that out before we buy more Savi 700s.

Sherri Rodriguez

In the RC Phone App settings under the Sound tab.  You can toggle on and off the Plantronics headset integration.  We also have the Hub installed on the machines but that isn't where the issue lies.  We have been working with Tier 3 support for RC who recognizes it is a known issue.  Our users voice on a call is very robotic and this happens to affected users a few times per day, but if they toggle off that setting in the app, even mid call, their voice becomes clear again.  Of course that takes away the ability to answer/end calls with the headset buttons, so not a permanent solution, which is why we are looking for same type of wireless headset as a replacement.  
(Edited)
Photo of Minsan Sauers

Minsan Sauers

Yikes. We will certainly have to test that out in our environment. Thanks for the heads up!
Photo of Jeff Stucki

Jeff Stucki

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
That's interesting. We are using Plantronics Savi W745's and some of the users experience this robotic voice, but only with internal calls to other RC users. Did RC comment if or when there might be a fix?

Sherri Rodriguez

They do not have a expected fix date for this from what we have been told.  We just narrowed down and found where the problem was and confirmed it with RC tech support team.  We really like the Savi 700 series headsets so it would be the best case scenario that a fix is put in place, but I can't wait for an undetermined amount of time for that, so I need a better solution.  Anyone that is using a wireless headset with the RC app where you can still answer/end calls from the headset buttons, please let me know.  And, also if anyone has found a way to eliminate the robotic call issue, that would be great to know also. Also as information, our users experience it with internal and external calls. Inbound and Outbound. 
(Edited)

Sherri Rodriguez

The Jabra website says it has several model options with direct connection compatibility with Ring Central.  Can anyone confirm they are using RC app, Windows 10 Pro with full button function on a Jabra wireless headset?
Photo of Jeff Stucki

Jeff Stucki

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I believe the attached screen shot is what you're referring to Sherri? I had not seen this on Jabra products before but maybe I just missed it.

Anyone know what Jabra means by "Direct connection" or where to download this controller softphone? Is Jabra referring to the normal RC softphone and using Jabra Direct with that? (which hasn't solved the issue for us).

Sherri Rodriguez

We just tested the Jabra Engage 65, but yes same compatibility with RingCentral claim.  Basically you can use the headset with RC but not all the functions like hang up and answer calls via the headset.  So, the full answer is no, it won't work for what we want.  And it is beyond frustrating that RC only has one option for this, and that option comes with call quality problems.  As a side note we also had a range issue with the Jabra 65 where it did not go as far as it claims to go.  I still have an open ticket with Jabra on that. 

Mechelle Timmons

Don't hold your breath on RC fixing this.  We reported it almost 2 years ago and I have been following this thread with absolutely no progress.  We are close to just going with another service since we can take our phone numbers with us.
Photo of Jonathan Luttwak

Jonathan Luttwak

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I think that is not a bad idea!  I heard Jive was good.  My former company was on Skype Business and I still have that too and I can telll you the Jabra works perfectly with it.  It is the best headset on the market.  This should be a week long project for a programmer with half a brain. If it has really been two years maybe I change now before I get too deep in with Skype \

Mechelle Timmons

@Jonathan We tried to do the Skype for Business first.  It was a nightmare then, couldn't get any support from MS and couldn't figure out how to get dedicated business lines for people to call in.  First we went with 8x8, there was a delay and we were constantly talking over each other, their solution was hardware in our office.  So we tried RC and didn't have that problem.  If you figure out the Skype for business, please let me know.

Sherri Rodriguez

It's my understanding that Skype for Business is all being integrated in to Microsoft Teams which sounds like an interesting option.  At this point we are not sure what to do.  Go back to MiTel maybe.  It's frustrating for sure. 
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 21,368 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
2287 USA based users, 28 different sites,  3800 DID lines - all Polycom VVX500 phones

2018-11-14 I raised the issue of headsets at the ConnectCentral Conference in San Francisco two days ago. Stay Tuned.  We are tracking the headset functionality and use with RingCentral Desktop and RingCentral Mobile here  http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/faq/headsets.html
Photo of Jonathan Luttwak

Jonathan Luttwak

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am glad you raised the issue. It should be a big priority.  with more people using open office spaces, the various headsets are key.  Jabra evolve with noise cancelling is particularly good and heavily relied upon.  They really should make this work.   Glad you raised it up. 
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 21,368 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I work in exactly that type of situation - in a busy Network Operations Center with much activity going on in an open space all the time simultaneously. So headset use is key to my success level on a daily basis.  
Photo of Allen Cowgill

Allen Cowgill

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
In the grand scheme of things, this doesn't have that many votes compared to other projects they are working on.  Everyone needs to get all of their coworkers to vote on this if it is going to go to the top of their list.  
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 21,118 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Great suggestion!  It always helps.
Photo of Jim Pulver

Jim Pulver

• 72 Points
I cannot believe this is an issue that has been going on for this long.  I just switched from Vonage and there was no issue with Vonage on headset support.  You could use any headset and use the call controls that came with the headset.  We have the Jabra 9470's these are expensive headsets and this is insane that we cannot answer and end a call with the headset. 

Sherri Rodriguez

I agree and sympathize with the frustration. We can’t even get the Plantronics to work correctly so overall headset support and integration is seriously lacking.
Photo of Micah Garner

Micah Garner

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Just moved over to RingCentral and compiled a list of features I would like to see, none more than Jabra headset integration with the RingCentral soft phone app.  Our call center users heavily rely on the bluetooth capabilities of these headsets.  I am astonished that this post was 4 years ago and there is still no compatibility with the Jabra headsets.  Please make this a priority!
Photo of Chad Orton

Chad Orton

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How can a User using a Jabra headset (in this case it's a 510) use the call control buttons on the device?  i agree with everyone else here that it's crazy this has been a "want" for so long with no movement or communication.  Count me in as this being needed as a priority.
Photo of Peter Allen

Peter Allen

• 60 Points
We have Jabra Engage 65 headsets and are unable to get the busy light or call control buttons to work with the RingCentral Phone app (v 11.0.1).  Jabra does provide an SDK (we are on macOS) to develop software that interacts with the headset.  Does RingCentral have any API docs that shows how to programmatically trigger the Answer/Hangup methods in the app?  If so, perhaps we could code up a small glue application that might make this work.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 62,226 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter,

That's an interesting idea! I would check with our Developers on their Community :) They're the experts in APIs and such 
Photo of Bruno

Bruno

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It's been now over 2 years and RC still will not provide a jabra integration.  I'm sorry but the Jabra headsets are now far superior to plantronics.  Every other vendor has it, not sure why RC continues to ignore it....
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,230 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Bruno,

I believe that it depends on what you are using the headset for. each brand has pluses and minuses. For example, I have used Plantronics (now Poly) for many years now. All my Plantronics headsets have always worked with RIngCentral while there have been issues with the Jabra headsets. I don't know why, nor do I care why they work when others don't.

This article highlights the top headset brands and their reason for their choices. In the end, it's all up to the individual and what works best for them. If you read all the articles about headsets, Plantronics and Jabra are neck-in-neck in ALL functionality. 

https://www.reviews.com/bluetooth-headset/
Photo of Ron Kanter

Ron Kanter

We have tested several Jabra and Plantronics headset with RC's softphone and Jabra is preferred overwhelmingly for sound quality.  Everyone one of them would rather put up with the software incompatibility and go back to Jabra.  There is no reason why RC shouldn't work with Jabra to make the controls work.  As mentioned by others, every other service provider does.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,230 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I totally agree with you regarding RC and Jabra integration. All I am saying is that everyone has their own opinion about which is best for a variety of reasons. I don't believe anyone can say unequivocally that one headset is far superior to another. There is another thread here in the forums where the author states that Sennheiser is the best by far. To each their own!
Photo of Andrew Davies

Andrew Davies

• 62 Points
Using Jabra 510.  Every time i join a RC meeting, it always has a dial tone coming from the speaker.  I am not dialing in, I am using the device to connect with computer.  I'll just jump on the pile and wait.
Photo of Kurt Hunter

Kurt Hunter

• 62 Points
Can we please get integration with the Jabra Suite (as a softphone) so we can support the physical buttons on the headsets for call hang up / mute / busy light?
Photo of Brandan Dobbs

Brandan Dobbs

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please Please Please we want Jabra integration.  Jabra are way better quality then Plantronics.
Photo of Renee Scrayen

Renee Scrayen

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am second-ing this. Our company of over 30 users moved to RC 2 weeks ago and purchased Jabra Evolve 65 headsets....to then discover they are not compatible with the functions. I am concerned this thread has been opened for 4 years, surely the engineers should be working on this for all the other reasons listed above?!
Photo of Brandan Dobbs

Brandan Dobbs

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Come on Ringcentral, we need this !!!!
Photo of PK Biotech MA

PK Biotech MA

• 72 Points
How is this still an issue?? This is unbelievable. We need support for the Jabra Evolve 75. It's not a tiny niche brand or a no-name company. This might be a dealbreaker for RingCentral being our VoIP.