Support Jabra Suite and Jabra Headsets

• Idea
  • Updated 7 days ago
  • (Edited)
Can we please get integration with the Jabra Suite (as a soft phone) so we can support the physical buttons on the headsets for call hang up / mute / busy light. I am speaking specifically to the Jabra Evolve line of headsets.
Photo of Jason McKinney

Jason McKinney

• 1,380 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Allen Cowgill

Allen Cowgill

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This still isn't even on the top page of their list of ideas that people want from RingCentral based on votes.  The top ideas have over 300 votes and this only has 105.  Unless we get more of our coworkers to reply to up vote this, it won't be that high on their list.  
Photo of Keith Parker

Keith Parker

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
There's a place we can vote? Can you provide a URL?

To quote a politician from the 1930's, we should all..."vote early vote often"
Photo of Chuck Keller

Chuck Keller

• 62 Points
So a company closed and I got a few Jabra Pro 9400bs headsets. I figure let's go over to RC and see what I need to connect. LoL 

4 years worth of posts? I think I'll just put the headsets on eBay. 
Photo of Justin Husman

Justin Husman

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please integrate support for Jabra he4adsets..

I am shocked that you don't support Jabra Softphone headsets properly. Plantronics headsets are the worst. Please get on this; it looks like your customers have been asking for 4 years. I have a Pro 930 which worked with our other VOIP provider's software. 
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,962 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I believe that RingCentral should indeed support ALL the major headset manufacturers, including but not limited to Jabra, Poly/Plantronics, Sennheiser, etc.

Having said that, I believe that it depends on what you are using the headset for as each brand has pluses and minuses. For example, I have used Plantronics (now Poly) for many years now. All my Plantronics headsets have always worked with RIngCentral and all the demo accounts I have with other providers, while there have been issues with the Jabra headsets. I don't know why, nor do I care why they (Plantronics) work when others don't.

This article highlights the top headset brands and their reason for their choices. In the end, it's all up to the individual and what works best for them. If you read all the articles about headsets, Plantronics and Jabra are neck-in-neck in ALL functionality. It all comes down to preferences. I don't think it's fair, or accurate, to say that "Plantronics headsets are the worst."

https://www.reviews.com/bluetooth-headset/
Photo of Ron Kanter

Ron Kanter

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
According to our rep, softphone support for Jabra is coming the first half of 2020, but I will believe it when I see it.
Photo of Shaun Kilmartin

Shaun Kilmartin

• 298 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I spoke with Jabra this morning and they said they've provided their SDK to RingCentral so that they can include it as a supported headset, but that they've had radio silence from RingCentral.  I called my RingCentral rep and she is trying to find out if this is on the roadmap.  We got rid of our Plantronics headsets because they were garbage.  The Jabras are far superior, but need proper integration.

Photo of Brandan Dobbs

Brandan Dobbs

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ringcentral, LISTEN to what your customers want !
Photo of Andrew Arbuckle

Andrew Arbuckle

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agree, I can't understand how this isn't integrated already.
Photo of Aaron Tomosky

Aaron Tomosky

• 64 Points
how about just custom button keyboard shortcuts so I can program "enter" and answer a call? come on guys.
Photo of RC Panda

RC Panda

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Voting for this feature as well. It would be nice to be able to use Jabra Headsets with the suite like Plantronics. And not only for the RC Phone App but also for the new RC App.
I'm on a trial of RingCentral, just attached my Jabra Engage 75 yesterday and the buttons don't work on the softphone? I should have done more research, luckily its a trial, but I like all the other features. Maybe I will keep looking and that's one of the questions I will ask.
Photo of RC Demo

RC Demo

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm in the same boat as O'Netsys, demoing the product and our rep provided a Jabra headset that is not supported by the softphone.  Come on Ring Central, get up with the times! You have a great product, and you are limiting your market by not supporting Jabra.  When was the last time you saw a millennial wearing a Plantronics headset?

Photo of Jeff Stucki

Jeff Stucki

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Did I read the Feature Release email correctly? Could it finally be true?? And it only took a pandemic to make it happen!! 
Jabra headset support: The RingCentral phone desktop will soon support Jabra headsets and give users the ability to control calls by buttons from the headsets
Photo of Sherri Rodriguez

Sherri Rodriguez

• 620 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Interesting....
Photo of Jim Pulver

Jim Pulver

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
They are talking about it but it's still not working yet for me.
Photo of Chuck Hirst

Chuck Hirst

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same here.
Photo of Chuck Hirst

Chuck Hirst

"Jabra Headsets are compatible with the RingCentral Phone for Windows and Mac using the Headset Support feature on the RingCentral Phone. On the RingCentral Phone, go to Settings > Sound and enable Headsets Support."
(Edited)
Photo of Chuck Hirst

Chuck Hirst

There is no "Headsets Support" to enable. Only a "Plantronics headset" toggle.
Photo of Chuck Hirst

Chuck Hirst

Also this version 20.1.0 was released last year.
Photo of Chuck Hirst

Chuck Hirst

After being on the phone with RingCental support for close to an hour I've learned that RingCentral Phone will fully support Jabra headsets in the next release, 20.2.0.
Photo of Minsan Sauers

Minsan Sauers

Was there any indication as to when that release would be available?
Photo of Chuck Hirst

Chuck Hirst

The end of this week. Friday, May 22, 2020.
Photo of Shaun Kilmartin

Shaun Kilmartin

• 338 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
That is great news, indeed.
Photo of Minsan Sauers

Minsan Sauers

I am giddy with anticipation.
Photo of Chuck Hirst

Chuck Hirst

Well I'm disappointed and embarrassed. I'll never believe anything RingCentral tells me again.
Photo of Minsan Sauers

Minsan Sauers

Drat. My giddiness has waned. Maybe they are just experiencing a minor delay.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 38,002 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm not understanding. Chuck Hirst stated, "The end of this week. Friday, May 22, 2020." Today is 05/18/2020...That is not until this coming Friday!
Photo of Minsan Sauers

Minsan Sauers

Haha, you're right! When Chuck originally posted we thought it was to be last Friday, but indeed the 22nd is yet to come.