Keep the phone app!

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
Please keep the phone app! For a company like ours who only uses RC for a single user voip phone system and call forwarding we don't need the slack-like platform for multi user collaboration platform. The phone app was just perfectly simple for our use but we are soon to be kicked off for the main app where we dont have teams, don't need to be having team messaging, we don't need to have virtual meeting abilities and the only thing we still use with RC is the phone and call forwarding which has gotten over complicated and more difficult to use. 
Photo of Channel Watch Marine

Channel Watch Marine

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Alejandro Peraza

Alejandro Peraza

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree we are a Teams shop.  We would like the stand alone phone application.
Photo of Jan Maskew

Jan Maskew

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
What??? Are they talking about doing away with it?

"We have unified our separate mobile apps into one easier-to-manage solution - the RingCentral mobile app. As announced in May, we are beginning the process to retire the separate mobile apps...On February 28, 2020, you will no longer have access to the RingCentral Phone mobile app...Once the unified RingCentral app is installed, this will be the default app for your account. All calls and video meetings will automatically launch from the app."
It might be an easy to manage solution having all the apps all together but for a small company that only uses the phone, text, and call forwarding features we only need the phone app(which was perfect for us) and the "solution" is now overly complicated because we don't need video chat and team messaging. 
Photo of Rob Byers

Rob Byers

• 722 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I must have missed an announcement. Is the softphone app being deprecated?
On February 28, 2020, we will discontinue the older RingCentral Phone mobile app for your account. We suggest that you transition your organization to the newer RingCentral mobile app now to avoid any disruption. 

What does this mean for my users?
  • On February 28, 2020, you will no longer have access to the RingCentral Phone mobile app. Rest assured, you will still have access to desktop for advanced calling features such as HUD.
  • Once the unified RingCentral app is installed, this will be the default app for your account. All calls and video meetings will automatically launch from the app.
Photo of Rob Byers

Rob Byers

• 722 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Wow, I did miss that, thank you. This will not set well with our users AND leadership, so this is just another straw on the camel's back. We've been less-than-thrilled with RC as it is.
(Edited)
Photo of Susan Skaggs

Susan Skaggs

• 928 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The lack of HUD in the app is a killer for us.