Landline Outbound Calls No Longer Available with New App

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
1.  U.S Account
2. Promotional/logo items business
3. Reinstate the option to make outbound calls through a landline using the new RingCentral app.
4. - 5.   See explanation below.
6.  Any RingCentral customer using landlines in their business.

I have downloaded the new RingCentral app onto my phone and laptop. Our business has landlines. We used the RingCentral phone app to make calls and the calls would ring through the landline and then sequentially though the cell phones. We received the email notifications to download the new RingCentral app, the "R" icon, and were informed that the RingCentral phone app was being phased out. We downloaded the new app to our business computers and cell phones, only to find out that new RingCentral app no longer includes the feature that allows you to make outgoing calls from your landline. When you make an outgoing call using the new app, it rings through your computer and no longer has the option to ring through your landline. This is very inconvenient for our business. This means our only option for making calls is to talk through the computer or use cell phones. We have been with RingCentral since 2008 and not having this feature to call from the landline may end our service. We would like to request that the option of calling from a landline be reinstated into the new app.
Photo of Deborah Najee-ullah

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Arthur Ng

Arthur Ng, Product Manager

• 564 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Deborah,

This is Arthur from the Product team here responding on behalf of the team. I hear your request and I am actively looking into it. May I reach out to you for more details? I would like to see how we can replicate the use case on the new RC App.

Please send me an email or glip me @ arthur.ng@ringcentral.com

Thank you!

Yes, you can contact me regarding this concern.