Matching Incoming Calls with a 1 to Salesforce Records

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Salesforce: Incoming Call Within Salesforce

We just integrated with Salesforce, and to test it I called myself. The visualforce page (from the old setup where it lets you pick which new object you'd like to create) popped up perfectly. I created a lead with my name, I had to manually type in the phone number (as opposed to it getting autofilled from the call which would be nice) but regardless I saved it. Then I called back again, expecting the lead I created to pop up. But it didn't, it thought I was a new lead. I realized it was because my caller id showed a 1 in front of my cell number and in Salesforce it auto corrects the phone number field on the records to not show 1s. You guys need to adjust the search parameters to include all phone numbers and all numbers with a 1 in front of it. Please and Thank You --Alex
Photo of Alex Hower

Alex Hower

• 554 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • disappointed

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Bijan Golkar

Bijan Golkar

• 60 Points
YES!!!!! PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Josh Melick

Josh Melick

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I think I have the same bug. The incoming call does NOT find existing records.

The RingCentral admin guide has this, the very last question in the FAQ: 

Q: Search results are not displaying records that match the caller ID. A: Check the format of the phone number in Salesforce. Ensure the format is standardized per Salesforce features

But, I am using the standard Salesforce formats. For US ten digit phone numbers, it formats them WITHOUT a 1 or + sign. 

Here is the salesforce help doc on how they do phone number formatting:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000181563&language=en_US

*** If you save the record with the full caller ID, as in "+ 1 (555) 555-1212" it does match - but not with the default Salesforce settings. There is no way my team would format it properly every time!
Photo of Alex Hower

Alex Hower

Per that article:

"Note: A phone field can accept a maximum of 40 digits to be entered in the field. Also note that this can only be done via User Interface and NOT via the API."

Meaning you could not accomplish this in mass using dataloader. You are right, there is no practical solution on the salesforce side. RingCentral must update their search algorithm
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,168 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If any of you are still having this problem, please use the following link to Open a Web Case
(Edited)
Photo of Alex Hower

Alex Hower

I'm afraid I put up this post after I submitted a webcase, we closed it since there was no work around and I submitted developer feedback. The support suggested I post here to get more awareness, to hopefully get results from them.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.