Mine says I'm sorry your mailbox is full, great service eh?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

no blocked calls
Photo of COMMUNICATIONS

COMMUNICATIONS

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • pissed

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,348 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm not 100% sure of what you mean by "no blocked calls". Does it mean you are not blocking any calls or does it mean you have received no calls which would have been blocked.

The caller would get a "the mailbox is full message" if one or more of three things are occurring.   Do any of the items below apply to your situation? 

1. The mailbox has reached the maximum message limit of 200 messages.
2. The Account has run out of Calling Credits.
3. "Block All Calls" is active

Some questions to help us help you:
1. You do not indicate how long you have had your RingCentral account. Is this a new account?
2. Is it an older account where everything was working and now you are getting these issues?
3. Did you receive onboarding through your sales person or RingCentral support?
4. How many users do you have?
5. Have you changed your system admin extension from x101 to something else?
6. Are you receiving the "unable to dial from your calling area" message you mentioned in your first post here?

I guarantee you this IS a great service. You obviously have a configuration issue but I or others here can only go on, and offer configuration/troubleshooting tips, based on what you have posted here.

You can also open a support case with RingCentral by clicking here:
https://service.ringcentral.com/login.asp?p_next_page=RCSupportPortalCreateNewCase
Photo of COMMUNICATIONS

COMMUNICATIONS

Thanks for your detailed reply to this situation.  Let me address each of your statements so we can focus on the real problem:
I have 3 messages in my inbox
I have tons of calling credit
Blocking calls is not active

Your suggestions:
I have had this account for 17 years
Everything was working in the past
No onboarding
I have 1 user
no change to the admin extension
Unable to connect from dialing area only from cellphone

If I have a configuration issue then there should be a way to reset the account to work when the staff is off.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,348 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Your last sentence begs another question, as you mention you only have a one-user account. Do you have multiple virtual extensions that your staff uses when you have regular business hours? Should your business be configured to show as a 24 hour operation if you want to receive calls when the staff is off? If you're not showing as 24 hours, does changing the business hours to an open time when testing it now result in your being able to receive calls?

Do you use any type of Automated Attendant (either single or multiple level)? How does your call flow usually run?

Just thinking outside the box too...you mention that now (correct me if I'm wrong) only cell phones from the dialing area are not getting through. Are you testing, by any chance, with an AT&T cell phone? Are your customers who are trying to get through and not being able to using AT&T cell phones? The only reason I ask this is because there have been some issues I have seen here in the forums where folks have had an issue with AT&T accounts and connections. (See this article for some information on that: https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/7550 ).
I'm not saying that is the issue but at least we are drilling down to it only being cel phones in your dialing area.

Would you like me to try with a cell phone outside your area? Not sure where you're located but if you'd like to try troubleshooting this further, shoot me an email: mailto:jferguson@datasoftware.net 

Sometimes it can be something very simple but finding the issue with all the configuration possibilities can be tough.
Photo of COMMUNICATIONS

COMMUNICATIONS

The auto-attendant responds 24/7.  It used to speak a message and take a fax.  My cell gets "unable to connect from your calling area" and the landline gets "your mailbox is full".  So which is it?
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,254 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'd have to see your configuration to tell you. But we are getting down to the nitty gritty now. First, is it a single level auto attendant or a multi-level auto attendant?

Again, would you like additional assistance on this? Please email me if you'd like to discuss this further rather than short forum questions and answers.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

FYI...no obligation of any type. I just want to assist you to solve your issue.
Photo of COMMUNICATIONS

COMMUNICATIONS

thanks for your help, but if you and me can't identify a means of kicking that machine in the butt, its a no go.  Maybe tomorrow when the support staff wakes up
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Your choice ... except that I can't triage the issue with these short forum exchanges without all the information I'm asking for. How can we "...identify a means of kicking the machine in the butt" when it's a configuration issue? With literally scores or more of possibilities, I can't ask you in this forum to check each and every one and wait for an answer.

As I mentioned, I am a RingCentral Partner/reseller and many of us in this forum try to assist the best we can. If you'd like to email me so I can give you a phone number to call, we might be able to nip this out this afternoon. But it's your choice to do that or wait until tomorrow and contact RingCentral support. The one thing they have that I don't is a direct look into your account.

I'm available for a few more hours this afternoon. I'm in the U.S. Central time zone and have a toll-free number you can call me on.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,088 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Communications,

If you are still needing assistance with this, please open a support case and include details so a support agent can take a look at this. 

Photo of COMMUNICATIONS

COMMUNICATIONS

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled number cant be reached from your calling area.

none work, my account is down, keeps answering with the message:  this number cant be reached from your calling area.  Sounds crazy

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: The Complete List of Ways To Reach RingCentral Customer Service.
Photo of COMMUNICATIONS

COMMUNICATIONS

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled account is down.

none work, my account is down, keeps answering with the message:  this number cant be reached from your calling area.  Sounds crazy

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: The Complete List of Ways To Reach RingCentral Customer Service.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.