MMS /none US phone numbers

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
MMS does not seem to work for Canadian phone numbers.  Is there any way around this?
Photo of vs

vs

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • left out

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,198 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
For now the feature is only working on US accounts, but our Product Team is aware of this and working on it.  The full rollout isn't expected to be done for a few more weeks.

Mike
Photo of Chris Boere

Chris Boere

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike,
Your comment about a few more weeks for Canadian numbers was 4 weeks ago.
Can we get an update posted?
Thanks.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,198 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
HI Chris,   Sorry for the delay but we still don't have an ETA on this.  I just checked again with our Product team and they are still working on this.  This issue affects MMS sent within Canada, and/or  U.S. sending too Canada as well.   I'll update this thread as soon as I hear more.

Mike
Photo of vs

vs

Mike,

It works for area code 647 which is Canadian.  However, not for 416 which is also Canadian.  So your Product team should look at why it works for 647 and see if they can copy that.
Thanks,
Photo of Jamie Martyn

Jamie Martyn

• 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Latest update was 3 weeks ago. When I opened the RingCentral mobile app there was a message saying mms was now available so I tried and it did not work. I've now been chatting with support for 20 minutes and they finally told me it still isn't available in Canada. When will this be available? And why would I get a notification saying I can send an mms when I can't?
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 53,966 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Jamie,

There has been some issues with a carrier in Canada. I don't have access to many details but I know that our team is working on getting this remedied. Is it still unavailable for you?
Photo of Chris Boere

Chris Boere

I just tried to and from my RC desk top app and my Rogers cell phone. Did not work.
Photo of Jamie Martyn

Jamie Martyn

• 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I just tested again and it still does not work. My phone provider is Bell.

Thanks for the update, Chris & Jamie. I'll update this thread when I get more information about this and when it's fixed :)
Photo of vs

vs

Please advise if any updates on MMS for Canadian numbers?  It has been now over 5 months.
Photo of vs

vs

Can you tell us who is the carrier?

Sorry, as a professional courtesy we are not allowed to provide this information on a public forum

• 54,056 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello vs,

Our Product Team is diligently working on this issue. Below is a summary of what's going on:

Currently only one major carrier allows MMS traffic from over-the-top (OTT) services like RC to be delivered. Some other carriers block MMS traffic from competitive non-wireless (landline/VoIP) messaging services. We have requested these other carriers to open MMS traffic from legitimate OTT services like RingCentral but have not heard back
Photo of Chris Boere

Chris Boere

Just sent a test pic to and from a Telus cell phone and a Bell cell phone. Don't know anybody with a Rogers cell phone.

Telus can send and receive pics.

Bell can NOT send and receive pics.
Photo of [none]

[none]

• 70 Points
Rogers doesn't work either and I'm told by a tech today that MMS is not currently supported within Canada for RingCentral.  Last update was 3 months ago, but I'm told this today.
Photo of [none]

[none]

• 70 Points
I'm using Text Magic in the meantime. Works perfectly. charges per text instead of per month.
Photo of Jeffrey Bowles

Jeffrey Bowles

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Any update on this?

• 54,056 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, Jeffrey :( I haven't received an update from our Product Team on this
Photo of Previous clients

Previous clients

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Seeing pics sent by customers in Canada.

Hi. My main listed number for my home service company has been ported over to Ring Central. Sometimes I need to see pics (or rugs or furniture needing cleaning) that my potential clients want me to see so i can quote on them... I can get text messages from my clients, but not pics. to see pics I have to tell them my personal cell phone number, defeating the purpose of having a centralized phone number so more people than just me can interact with that client.  

When will this important service be available in my area if ever?

Thanks in advance, Nathan